Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Few Questions....

Question Few Questions....
    ok so first off i got a Jailbroken iPhone 4 (4.0.1)

now how do i change the color of the SMS bubbles? Possible? App?

i got iPhone browser/photoshop in case i need to do it "manually"

Also I remember back in the day there was an app called "Customize" by SpicyChicken... it let u do fully customize everything on your phone. How come it got discontinued? and why isnt anyone making a updated version? it allowed you to change system strings, like where it says "Passcode" you could put anything u want...and when you recieved a txt msg instead of "new message" or whatever it is....you could also change that...plus sms bubbles, background weather pictures, pretty much everything!...so what happend!?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

try WINTERBOARD its made by saurik the same guy that makes CYDIA everyone else that made such apps has long since left the scenes.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

ok smart one! i do have winter board and none of the apps there change the sms colors that i want, it either changes the background. i want to pick what colors the SMS bubbles are! idiot...now for the system strings...tell me an app that does that in cydia..or winterboard...same with the colors of the "slide to unlock" ...tell me

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

Idk of an app that does that for the iPhone 4's I did all mine manually.

Quote Originally Posted by skater38053 View Post
    Idk of an app that does that for the iPhone 4's I did all mine manually.
    can u plz explain how u did all that? or is there a manual online? thank u

What color do u want em? There's an app for blue and orange

iPhone? More like MyPhone skater38053's Avatar
    Thanks

Make a folder then make a folder inside that called Icons. Then put your icons in that folder and remand them to the icons you want them to be EXACTLY how they are on the phone then ssh the folder into your phone
    Var/stash/Themes

Edit: sorry thought we were talking about icons lol

Pick the colors you like download them. Open them in Photoshop reduce pixels by 50% and name them [email protected] and [email protected] and save in the same file you opened them from.
    Last edited by skater38053; 2010-08-20 at 01:26 AM.

calling someone an idiot was uncalled for cause obviously don't know anything about themeing.

1. Customize was discontinued cause the dev gave up on it

2. Cydia has a section for SMS themes

3. You can't manually theme from an iPod. You need photoshop on a computer or it won't work.

4.Try asking for help in a nicer manner. Tell me. And callin names aren't gonna Help u at all.
    Last edited by REG Infamy; 2010-08-20 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

lol ok my bad, and im trying to theme my iPhone 4G... and i got photoshop on my computer

95%of the SMS themes in cydia dont work on 4.0.1. it just doesnt "show" when i select them via Winterboard..

if i do it manually i just need to know in what directory they "belong in"

and skater38053 thank u for the location of the sms balloons!