Results 1 to 7 of 7

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Facetime over 3G - please help.

  1. #1
    Master Modder Waverley73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Through The Never, Australia
    Posts
    3,391
    Thanks
    3,956
    Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,290 Posts

    Default Facetime over 3G - please help.
    OK. I have an iPhone 4 with 4.0.1 in Australia on the Telstra (best Australian network) network jailbroken with jailbreakme. I am trying to get Facetime to work over 3G but just cannot. I have purchased 3G Unrestrictor from Cydia but it just fails everytime (even fails when I am on wifi). I have tried in on the trial version of My3G with the same results.

    I have now just tried the new version of Facebreak ($1.49 on Cydia) and everytime I try to enable Facebreak I get this sms message:

    "Telstra SMS Delivery Reports are only available for standard text messages sent to Australian mobile numbers. 4infor Telstra Redirect Page "

    and facetime fails to work.... Does anyone know why this would be happening? I have tried Facetime over wifi without any of these apps and it works fine.

    I have now purchased 2 apps and tried a third on trial without any luck.

    I would appreciate any help with this.
    Last edited by Waverley73; 2010-08-16 at 02:51 AM.

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    16,904
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    Check your settings for My3G. I skimmed thru a few threads on how some people who couldnt get it to work had gotten it to work with a few adjustments. Some say go to settings and turn facetime off then on and try again. If not, go to My3G and make sure facetime is enabled in it. Then scroll all the way down till you see mobilephone and select Direct Flag to be on. Then try again.

    Also make sure the My3G version you have is the one updated for iOS 4.

    Thats all the info Ive gathered. If none of that helps, well then Im not sure...

  3. #3
    Master Modder Waverley73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Through The Never, Australia
    Posts
    3,391
    Thanks
    3,956
    Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,290 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Check your settings for My3G. I skimmed thru a few threads on how some people who couldnt get it to work had gotten it to work with a few adjustments. Some say go to settings and turn facetime off then on and try again. If not, go to My3G and make sure facetime is enabled in it. Then scroll all the way down till you see mobilephone and select Direct Flag to be on. Then try again.

    Also make sure the My3G version you have is the one updated for iOS 4.

    Thats all the info Ive gathered. If none of that helps, well then Im not sure...
    Thanks heaps for your quick reply. I have tried every combination of turning My3G on / off with Direct Flag on / off possible. The version of My3G was definately updated for iOS 4 as it had 'Works with Facebook' plastered all over it.

    Had high hopes for FaceBreak but alas - didn't work.

    EDIT:

    Ok, have figured out what was happening with my FaceBreak. I uninstalled 'iphonedelivery' via Cydia and now it is working perfectly. Was able to make a facetime call over 3G and it worked just like I was on wifi.

    Mods - I don't mind if you delete this thread. Cheers.
    Last edited by Waverley73; 2010-08-16 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  4. #4
    well...Im having the exact same problems but I don't have iphonedelivery installed. I've purchased facebreak, 3g unrestrictor, and installed the mms/facetime fix mod. I don't get it. what could be the problem? or what could I try?

  5. #5
    Master Modder Waverley73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Through The Never, Australia
    Posts
    3,391
    Thanks
    3,956
    Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,290 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Tracula View Post
    well...Im having the exact same problems but I don't have iphonedelivery installed. I've purchased facebreak, 3g unrestrictor, and installed the mms/facetime fix mod. I don't get it. what could be the problem? or what could I try?
    Not sure mate. I have just tried installing Facebreak on my wifes phone and it isn't working - I have no idea why it would work on mine but not on my wifes.

    Any help would be appreciated.


    EDIT:

    I have figured it out.

    Facebreak will not work if you have iphonedelivery (from Cydia) installed. I had to uninstall that program from both mine and my wifes phone and now facetime is working perfectly over 3G for both of them.

    Giddyup!!
    Last edited by Waverley73; 2010-08-17 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #6
    there is no iphonedelivery installed on my iphone 4. glad you got yours fixed tho...but its not the problem for me.

  7. #7
    Master Modder Waverley73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Through The Never, Australia
    Posts
    3,391
    Thanks
    3,956
    Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,290 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Count Tracula View Post
    there is no iphonedelivery installed on my iphone 4. glad you got yours fixed tho...but its not the problem for me.
    I hope someone who can help replies mate. Maybe just email the developer - he might give you some help with it.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •