Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Cydia application doesn't appear on Springboard after install

Exclamation My Cydia application doesn't appear on Springboard after install
    So I have created a fully blown seperate application for the iDevice. It is called 'Tap Tap Revenge: VIP' and it is a completely separate application without it clashing with another Tapulous application.

But it appears I have hit a problem, when people try to install the application from either Apple, iPhone & iPad News | ModMyi.com source and my http://cydia.myrepospace.com/CharlieMcShane/ source, whenever someone downloads and installs the application, Cydia preforms it sucessfully, and extracts it in "/Applications" as VIP.app, yet the application doesn't appear on the springboard at all, respringing, rebooting and so forth, it doesn't appear, the folder is there, I checked it with SSH, but still, I have little to no idea why it is happening on both sources.

I have hit a total of 10,000 downloads, and I have had over 100+ emails of complains asking that it doesn't appear on the Springboard, can someone help me? I have been trying to fix this for 4 days straight.

While I can't help you, I am curious about this app. It seems that you downloaded Tap Tap Revenge: Metallica, edited it, and then posted it as your own. That doesn't seem very legit... or legal... am I right?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    While I can't help you, I am curious about this app. It seems that you downloaded Tap Tap Revenge: Metallica, edited it, and then posted it as your own. That doesn't seem very legit... or legal... am I right?
    Hey Bill

I am pretty close with the Tapulous team, and Ed (Social Related area of expertise) has given me to make a custom application via one of their Tap Tap Engines, it doesn't contain any illegal music, all of it is copyleft inside the application. (:

Okay cool, just wondering! Good luck on the Cydia fix!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad