Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 going into "Safe Mode" every 5 mins because of Cydia!!! HELP PLEASE!!

Default iPhone 4 going into "Safe Mode" every 5 mins because of Cydia!!! HELP PLEASE!!
    This is my first post guys and I'd appreciate it if someone can offer a resolution. I downloaded an FindmyI from Cydia...shortly after Springboard began to crash and place me in "Safe Mode". I restarted the phone, problem still occurring. I removed the last five apps from Cydia, beginning with FindmyI, and it continues to go into safe mode. I downloaded Crash Reporter, and it states the root of my problems is Cydia but I don't see a specific application in the extensions.

So by process of elimination, I'm assuming that I need to do a restore. I recently jailbroke my iPhone so I'm still learning on how to use Cydia, etc etc. My question is, is it possible for me to restore my phone without having to update to 4.0.2 through iTunes? I don't mind losing all of the applications I currently have on my phone both through Cydia and Apple Store...I'll just download them again if I have to, I just need to get this restored and running on 4.0.1. THANKS in advance for all of the help...

--I'm using Windows Vista if that's needed to know for resolution purposes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

You need to patch your hosts file, then restore to a 4.0.1 firmware.

See, I tried doing that but I don't know how to get into the folder that has the .ipsw file for 4.0.1 after i click "Shift" and "Restore"...I googled around to find out how to but couldn't find anything...

Actually I just found the folder its supposed to be in however, there's no .ipsw under "iPhone Software Updates" folder...I've never used another computer besides this one to sync my iphone so I'm not sure why there isn't a file...
    Last edited by orteeezyinc; 2010-08-15 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iOS 4.0.1 Download Available for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3G
    Download that fw to wherever on your computer, shift+restore and select said file (remember to change the extension from .zip to .ispw)

Worked!!! Thanks alot!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That quickpwn site is a "fake". It's trying to make money off the Dev Team's tool. The site is not run by the Dev Team even though they're the makers of the quickpwn tool.

As for downloading ipsw, it's always best to use Firefox as Internet Explorer changes the extension to zip.

4.0.x won't be signed for much longer, so everyone should use The Firmware Umbrella to store their SHSHs.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

my blobs are saved on Sauriks server and iv got them on my system aswell. always a good thing to have with these new fancy phones and stuff
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Quote Originally Posted by orteeezyinc View Post
    This is my first post guys and I'd appreciate it if someone can offer a resolution. I downloaded an FindmyI from Cydia...shortly after Springboard began to crash and place me in "Safe Mode". I restarted the phone, problem still occurring. I removed the last five apps from Cydia, beginning with FindmyI, and it continues to go into safe mode. I downloaded Crash Reporter, and it states the root of my problems is Cydia but I don't see a specific application in the extensions.

So by process of elimination, I'm assuming that I need to do a restore. I recently jailbroke my iPhone so I'm still learning on how to use Cydia, etc etc. My question is, is it possible for me to restore my phone without having to update to 4.0.2 through iTunes? I don't mind losing all of the applications I currently have on my phone both through Cydia and Apple Store...I'll just download them again if I have to, I just need to get this restored and running on 4.0.1. THANKS in advance for all of the help...

--I'm using Windows Vista if that's needed to know for resolution purposes.

Hey, I know you probably fixed this by now... but I had the same issue thanks to 'FindMyi'. iPhone 4 continued going into safe mode, within seconds of rebooting, directly after installing 'FindMyi". I removed the app using cydia, and yet, my phone would still force into 'Safe Mode' almost immediately after rebooting. So after removing the app, i went into:

Settings->Reset->Reset All Settings

surprisingly enough this worked for me, havent seen the 'safe mode' since. Hope it works for anyone else experiencing similar issues. Best way to avoid this is to NOT download FindMyi.

Can someone screenshiy a picture of a iPhone in safemode? I never seen one before. Thanks in advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuonglogan View Post
    Can someone screenshiy a picture of a iPhone in safemode? I never seen one before. Thanks in advance
    Go to sbsettings, hit the power button and choose safemode. You can see what it looks like.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

dhamien (2010-08-18)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    Go to sbsettings, hit the power button and choose safemode. You can see what it looks like.
    Hmm, never knew that. Thanks.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.