Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Data Usage on AT&T

Default Data Usage on AT&T
    Hi y'all!

My husband and I both have AT&T unlimited data (grandfathered) and a family plan 1400 anytime. It shows that we have unlimited messaging usage.

We just upgraded our daughters phone to an iPhone and she has the 200mb plan. Her data usage was high, so I look at the details and it is counting her texting as data.

This is weird because before we upgraded the phone, her texts were just counted under Unlimited Usage (where it says night/weekend, mobile to mobile, and messaging.

Any idea what's going on here?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Is it the family text messaging plan? If so you should dial 611 and talk to AT&T about it. Also, 200 mb of data is not a lot when it comes to smart phones. You may want to reconsider that as well.

It doesn't say "family text", it says "familytalk nation 1400 rollover & unlimited mobile to mobile" 3 phones in group.

Then under group usage it shows minutes used, rollover, and under Unlimited usage it's the nights, MtM, and messaging which shows an amount of 2124 which is the total for all 3 phones.

And 200mb of data should be plenty for her because we don't have safari enabled. She just talks, texts, and uses the facebook app a couple times a day & YouTube maybe 2 times a week, and that's it!

Doesn't even have email set up on it!
    Last edited by iSoConfused; 2010-08-13 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have individual text plans on the phones it is a lot cheaper to go with the family texting plan. It let's all phones text unlimited for $30 instead of $20 per line. It is called Messaging Unlimited For Families. Basically it looks like she doesn't have a texting plan.

Ya my lines get charged too even though there's only one iPhone (mine) but we have a family plan, with family text unlimited, but they still charge for some data for each text, I think it depends if your text is long or short or if your text contains pics. Idk exactly, I guess it's in the fine print.