Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebreak VS 3G Unrestrictor VS My3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Facebreak VS 3G Unrestrictor VS My3G
    Ok guys ... i have tried My3G and currently am using 3G Unrestrictor ... I had no problem with My3G but didn't see the point of buying it as i purchased 3G Unrestrictor in the past and it did the same job. I also had the battery DRAINING issue on my iPhone 4. Today however i found the fix for that... i disabled 3G Unrestrictor in SBSettings and my battery problem was gone .. I only use it for FaceTime and figured i can easily switch it on and off whenever i need FaceTime. Now i just came across this other tweak for using FaceTime over 3G, its called FaceBreak. Has anyone tried it? I want to know if by installing and enabling it anyone has had any battery draining issues?

For anyone looking for my battery drain post here is the link (Has ALOT of useful posts and suggestions) :

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...jailbreak.html

Facebreak has been pulled off Cydia as it is not stable.

Am personally using 3G Unrestrictor with no batt drain issues. However I do encounter the issue of FaceTime calls cutting off after a min when on wifi. Do you encounter the same issues with My3G or 3G Unrestrictor?

I have the 1 minute problem on both! I know a lot of people locally that have the problem but can't find any useful ideas on this topic. One person says it's a signal problem which I don't buy because anywhere I'm at it's the same problem..also noticed that if I do FaceTime over wifi it works fine but no matter how long I'm on a FaceTime call the history of the call always says 1 minute but I know was a lot longer than that with no cut off at 1 minute mark like on 3G..... Any good ideas peeps?

This article might help. (Basically, turn off 3G Unrestrictor if you're using wifi.)

Thanks but doesn't fix anything to do with FaceTime over 3G 1 minute problem....and what article?

Click the link in my post above.
    (No ideas on the 3G problem, sorry.)

I disliked my3g immensely. My friend installed it and it made the wifi facetime look weird. Like the resolution was lower. I tested with my friend over 3g it stuttered bad (and he had very good reception) I was on wifi. So then he walked over to me and facetime both over wifi (same network too) and it didn't look right. Uninstalled my3g and boom wifi facetime looked normal again. That and at the time it didn't work with youtube (I'm guessing that's fixed by now). Also it installed rock which blows hard (really no option not too install?).
    3gunrestrictor works great though. Wifi facetime looked normal and 3g facetime worked fine.

Although I haven't tested over a minute yet so I should try that. But the facetime calls show correct times (32 seconds, 20 seconds, etc.)

Thanks

I have FaceTimed with both My3G and 3G unrestrictor ... both for over a minute ... yesterday i FaceTimed with my buddy for over an hour .... Try restoring ?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

i havnt had any problems
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

I emailed the makers of My3g about this and they said that they are actually working on a fix for this problem that some users are experiencing .... I hope there is a fix, just so weird that only some are having this problem but 10 people I work with all have this same issue. I love it just wish longer than a minute!

Thanks

Can anybody tell me which app drains more battery? ....

I'm using 3gunrestrictor 4 factetime. While on 3G, I noticed a little diff video quality, but nothing to bad. I def have made calls longer than a min, with no dropped calls(at the 1 min mark). I'm gonna check it over wifi now. My question is, should I use facebreak instead of 3gunrestrictor, or since I would have 3gun installed regardless, just not even bother using facebreak? I only ask this, because facebreak was created specifically for factetime!

Quote Originally Posted by IFlAW4g View Post
    I'm using 3gunrestrictor 4 factetime. While on 3G, I noticed a little diff video quality, but nothing to bad. I def have made calls longer than a min, with no dropped calls(at the 1 min mark). I'm gonna check it over wifi now. My question is, should I use facebreak instead of 3gunrestrictor, or since I would have 3gun installed regardless, just not even bother using facebreak? I only ask this, because facebreak was created specifically for factetime!
    no. That'd be dumb. Don't install both.
    3g unrestrictor was created for facetime too... before facetime ever existed. All the same idea.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,290 Posts

The only one I got to work was Facebreak - and was only after I uninstalled iphonedelivery. I am starting to think that My3G and 3G Unrestrictor didn't work for me because I still had iphonedelivery installed.

Has anyone been able to get any of these programs to work who also has iphonedeliver installed?

Ok more tests! 3G to 3G FaceTime no problem. Wifi to wifi FaceTime no problem. Wifi to 3G or 3G to wifi FaceTime fail at exactly 1 minute.....tested using 2 iPhone 4's still wanna figure this thing out. I haven't tried facebreak yet.......

Tried facebreak with same results.........
    Last edited by Blade600rr06; 2010-08-18 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blade600rr06 View Post
    Ok more tests! 3G to 3G FaceTime no problem. Wifi to wifi FaceTime no problem. Wifi to 3G or 3G to wifi FaceTime fail at exactly 1 minute.....tested using 2 iPhone 4's still wanna figure this thing out. I haven't tried facebreak yet.......

Tried facebreak with same results.........
    I have successfully made a 3G (using facebreak) to wifi call for just over 2 minutes without a problem. Would the network you are on make a difference? I am on Telstra in Australia.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

I just downloaded facebreak a lil while ago do u suggest I uninstall it,what probs was it having?

Thanks

Have you noticed any battery draining while you have FaceBreak active? All these programs My3G, 3G Unrestrictor, Facebreak. They pull more battery. The reason i am sticking with 3G Unrestrictor is that it has a toggle in SBSettings where i can enable / disable it quickly. My3G has a toggle as well in SBSettings. BUT it does not let you enable disable the app. It only lets you turn on My3G for ALL apps rather than the ones you have configured it for ...

Quote Originally Posted by Waverley73 View Post
    I have successfully made a 3G (using facebreak) to wifi call for just over 2 minutes without a problem. Would the network you are on make a difference? I am on Telstra in Australia.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

My phone got a cydia data error twice it erased all my sources and packages,someone told me to get rid of another source n that's causing it but I'm a Lil nervous to open cydia rite now

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD4 View Post
    My phone got a cydia data error twice it erased all my sources and packages,someone told me to get rid of another source n that's causing it but I'm a Lil nervous to open cydia rite now
    Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast