Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there nothing..??

Thanks

Question Is there nothing..??
    That can backup & restore your ENTIRE iDevice "ALL" your apps..?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

App store apps: iTunes sync

Jailbreak apps: aptbackup or pkgbackup (requires restoring from back up, which is NOT recommended, always set up phone as new).

There is no single individual app to back up everything.

yeah you have to do it piecemail.

pkgbackup is best for backing up cydia apps (doesn't preserve cydia apps settings)

appbackup - will save all app store app settings. (better than itunes sync since I've seen less meaning zero issues with this method).

save pictures using ifile
    contacts, call history, bookmarks, notes - SSH to User/Library and save the corresponding folders to your computer. put them back later.

itunes sync - saves other things like contacts, music, apps, notes, voice recordings

Thanks

LOL seems like a Pain in the ***** to me...

But hey has anyone tried syncing their cydia apps lately with iTunes..? I've managed to sync ALL my apps back onto my iPhone (even non app store aps ) it took about 8 "syncs" & now presto all of them are back onto the phone...Not sure how or why maybe because "jailbreaking" isnt frowned upon anymore or is now "legal"
    Before anyone comes on telling me Im full of sh!t & that it cant be done..It was done it worked I dont know why but it did..I have no reason to BS anyone..
    None of the game saves or settings are there but the apps are back on the iPhone.

Peace