Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 Gets Warm

Default Iphone 4 Gets Warm
    I have an iphone 4 jailbroken on 4.0.1. I have noticed that when using the phone with any app i can feel that it is warm on the back. it is right in the spot where the a4 chip is. It is not HOT unless I play N.O.V.A online or something like that. Is this normal? would restoring it fix it? Like i said, it is only warm, not hot. Is anybody else experiencing this?

PS: I accidently restored from backup of old iphone if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks for all suggestions!

Its not a big concern if your playing a game or whatever and it gets a little warm now if it to the point you cant hold it i would take it to apple. Restoring from a back up would have nothing to do with it.

Thats makes sense what you said. But i mean all I have to do is unlock it and go to safari for a couple minutes and I can feel that it is warm, not hot. It stays a constant warm until I do some high end gaming or somthing, but what I am wondering is if it is normal to become mildly warm after like 5 minutes. when I play 3d games it can get HOT, but I can hold it and all, I is just noticably hot. The battery life is not bad either.

PS I have not gotten a temperature warning.

Mine gets warm but i would say its after 10 mins of gaming but nothing to worry about if u get a warning or if the temperature gets to hot take it in. If its really that noticeable you may go ahead and schedule an appointment

It is not that noticable until after like 15 min. It is still warm compared to the bottom left corner of the phone. I think it is because of the processor being in that spot. Does yours get hot if you play a 3d game?

yeah mainly or if i do alot of youtube