Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How on EARTH do I get rid of (Bookmarks Bar) from Safari?

Default How on EARTH do I get rid of (Bookmarks Bar) from Safari?
    I have all my folders inside my favorites (bookmarks) sync'd from IE just fine. The problem I'm having is every time I get a folder above all of my favorites that is called "bookmarks bar" and its empty and edit wont let me delete it??

I hate it gone one time, and I dont know how I got rid of it, and for the love of god I dont know how its returned.

I will do very very nasty things to whoever can tell me how to fix it and get rid of it for good!! please!! =(

no one has a clue eh? I coulda swore I read about this before but I cant find anything now. It was 2 folders people were having trouble with, for me its just Bookmarks Bar.

I dont use safari on my pc I use IE. I dont run mac i obviously run windows. From my understanding bookmarks bar is a folder from safari so I dont know what its doing being added every time I sync.

help pls! >.<
    Last edited by klepp1214; 2010-08-12 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You can do it by going to var/mobile/library/safari and deleting the bookmarks.db. This will completely remove ALL bookmarks from your phone so before you do it make sure you have iTunes sync your bookmarks to ie. Now go into ie and delete the bookmarks bar folder from the ie favorites menu. Delete the bookmarks.db file from your phone then have iTunes sync bookmarks FROM ie TO the phone.

Now about those nasty things....