Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DFU Mode, iTunes not recognizing iPhone 3G

Default DFU Mode, iTunes not recognizing iPhone 3G
    Normally when I run into a problem with my iPhone, I like to take it upon myself to find a solution to how to fix it. However, it seems like I have exhausted everything that I know or can research about how to fix my phone. Apparently, I have managed to permanently brick my iPhone 3g (something I didn't think was possible). Just to clarify what I mean by brick, I don't mean that the phone is simply not working, I mean that the phone is: stuck in DFU mode, without the ability to connect to iTunes (on multiple computers), not able to access recovery mode, nothing.

What happened was this: I was trying to restore 4.0.1 on my phone because it has been so laggy with iOS4 and Jailbreak (RedSn0w) that it just needed a clean slate. It was restoring, and then during the middle of it, the iphone just disconnected itself (not physically, but through the usb connection-recognition) and that is when the phone went blank.

I have no idea where to go from here, but I have a final exam tomorrow and was going to drive a couple hours north to my parent's house for a visit... Having a phone ASAP would easily help out right now.

Edit: Fixed it... I have no idea why it decided to go into DFU mode and recognize iTunes but it did.
    Last edited by Newgy; 2010-08-12 at 04:25 AM.