Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MMS stops working after Ultrasn0w.

Default MMS stops working after Ultrasn0w.
    For some reason my MMS stopped working on my iphone 4. SMS worked fine.

I restored the phone, jailbroke it once again and MMS worked. Installed ultrasn0w and tested MMS again. Worked fine.

Today, a few days later and MMS stopped again!..... uninstall ultrasn0w and MMS came back.

I unlocked the phone because Im going to the caribbean and canada and wanted to be able to get a sim card there to use when I am out of the country.

Im still using ATT. (I miss Cingular!)

if you use att then why do u need to unlock? Answer... You dont so delete the package and your mms will work fine

Ya unlocking takes up A LITTLE more battery than normal, if you're on AT&T there's really no reason to unlock the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Ya unlocking takes up A LITTLE more battery than normal, if you're on AT&T there's really no reason to unlock the phone.
    They fixed that with the update

take your sim card out and put it back in

Quote Originally Posted by billinaz View Post
    For some reason my MMS stopped working on my iphone 4. SMS worked fine.

I restored the phone, jailbroke it once again and MMS worked. Installed ultrasn0w and tested MMS again. Worked fine.

Today, a few days later and MMS stopped again!..... uninstall ultrasn0w and MMS came back.

I unlocked the phone because Im going to the caribbean and canada and wanted to be able to get a sim card there to use when I am out of the country.

Im still using ATT. (I miss Cingular!)

has anyone's MMS actually worked? I have only been able to send picture messaged but NEVER recieve them (always saying something about size issues or something). I have tried almost every input ive seen online for the MMS configs, anyone have any ideas?

**On a jailbroke/unlocked (4.0.1) 16 gig 3gs. Used jailbreakme.com and then the newly updated ultrasn0w.

Ive had no issues sending mms at all tmobile. Did you read the sticky at the top regarding the settings for tmobile( im assuming you;re using tmobile) Its in this sub forum under tmobile

Quote Originally Posted by asnman View Post
    Ive had no issues sending mms at all tmobile. Did you read the sticky at the top regarding the settings for tmobile( im assuming you;re using tmobile) Its in this sub forum under tmobile
    mind sending a link? i've always had problems recieving MMS, and that is all, and yea im on tmobile

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/65...g-3gs-4-a.html

This should solve your issues. If you are on 3gs some others have posted using a fix from some repos working but i feel this one is the best since it works for all.

I have the same problem with mms however im not using ultrasn0w. any ideas?

having same problem with mms but im not using ultrasn0w.. any ideas?
    Last edited by 51N7; 2010-08-12 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What service are you using?

Thats weird, you jailbreak and you should be able to just send mms fine, did you alter any files after you jailbroke?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

My buddy is having iPhone 4 MMS issues on T-Mobile and EDGE issues ever since the ultrasn0w update.

Did he try taking sim out and putting it back in? My brothers tmobile had the same issue after update so I just took out sim and stuck it back in and it was ok again. Before I realized that though I had redid the commcenter patch and stuff too so if that didnt work try that also.

I dunno, Guess im gonna reinstall 4.0.1.. arg reinstalling apps....