Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom Keyboards for iOS 4.x

My iPhone is a Part of Me ufcsean's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Custom Keyboards for iOS 4.x
    Hi guys, not sure if already posted but I thought i'd share this with you...just got a custom keyboard on my iPhone 4

Follow the video below...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHQ1PipoNMU]YouTube - ‪Easy Install Keyboard Themes On iPhone & iPod Touch 4.0‬‎[/ame]

Posted in two areas as I'm unaware of which people visit the most

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ufcsean For This Useful Post:

chrisrotolo (2010-08-12), ckv765ace (2010-08-29), darkknight75 (2010-08-14), melmel (2010-08-19)

cheers mate!
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

it wont work for me help kind of noob sry
    did everything the video says and i tried to get the mac book air them and wont work

Same here. Followed the directions thoroughly, have iacess, d/l'ed a theme for it, applied it, no change tho. I'll re watch the vid I dbl check my steps to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanx for sharing

update! it works just fine! I didn't realise u had to click the little world icon in order to change it ove to the theme. he didn't mention it in the vid.

for those who it's not working for try clicking the world icon like ur using emoji then ut should change
    Last edited by LeathaFace; 2010-08-12 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It works for me but the keyboards don't seem support the retina resolution, guess well have to wait

Works! Thanks.

The word icon in winter board?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

no the world icon on keyboard, I have a problem, the vid tells u to switch the toggle things in iaccess but my toggles just reset back to normal when I reopen the app, same happens if I change thw langiage to English anyone have this problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    no the world icon on keyboard, I have a problem, the vid tells u to switch the toggle things in iaccess but my toggles just reset back to normal when I reopen the app, same happens if I change thw langiage to English anyone have this problem?
    When I turned off the toggles i never re-opened the app.

Default Issues
    Thanks for posting this. It's really great...except for one issue. I downloaded the iAccess Storm keyboard theme from the repo you gave us. It worked, but with this keyboard, the backspace key shows the RETURN symbol and there's no RETURN button at all. Any fix for that? Or do I just need to use a different keyboard theme?

Also, does any keyboard theme work now, or just ones specifically made for iAccess?

-IMP

How about auto correction?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceMetalPunk View Post
    Thanks for posting this. It's really great...except for one issue. I downloaded the iAccess Storm keyboard theme from the repo you gave us. It worked, but with this keyboard, the backspace key shows the RETURN symbol and there's no RETURN button at all. Any fix for that? Or do I just need to use a different keyboard theme?

Also, does any keyboard theme work now, or just ones specifically made for iAccess?

-IMP
    Specifically iAccess ones i think mate.

Try the MacBook Air keyboard, i'm using it...it looks awesome and has a "DEL" key like a keyboard should have lol

Quote Originally Posted by marvin378 View Post
    How about auto correction?
    Not sure mate, i'm just giving you this as a heads up, I have nothing to do with iAccess what so ever

I couldnt download the source mk321024 . It keeps saying error, the method .....
    I tried like 10 times

updated, my worked ! it's just that sometimes i got the chinese key board after clicking the world icon, is there any fix for this ?
    Last edited by Kkenny; 2010-08-14 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kkenny View Post
    I couldnt download the source mk321024 . It keeps saying error, the method .....
    I tried like 10 times

updated, my worked ! it's just that sometimes i got the chinese key board after clicking the world icon, is there any fix for this ?
    Self explanatory really...don't click the world icon? lol.

You know how you have to click on the world icon to switch from the default keyboard to the custom one ?
    After that, on the custom keyboard, when i clicked on the icon to swith from the main keyboard to the number-symbol keyboard, the chinese keyboard sometimes poped up.
    Overall it works perfectly ! I got my macbook air keyboard. Thanks for your reply

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kkenny For This Useful Post:

rizzyran (2010-08-16)

I can't get iacess to download it keeps saying size sum mismatch

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kkenny View Post
    You know how you have to click on the world icon to switch from the default keyboard to the custom one ?
    After that, on the custom keyboard, when i clicked on the icon to swith from the main keyboard to the number-symbol keyboard, the chinese keyboard sometimes poped up.
    Overall it works perfectly ! I got my macbook air keyboard. Thanks for your reply
    Hmm weird!

I don't have to press the world icon mate

Sounds like you go it now anyway

Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter247 View Post
    I can't get iacess to download it keeps saying size sum mismatch
    Just keep trying it took me two times to do it.
    Last edited by ufcsean; 2010-08-14 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

fuckn awesome!! thanks alot

Hmm. I have installed iAcess and added the source. I installed the macbook air keyboard, applied it in winterboard and yet I still have the regular keyboard? Am I missing something?

I'm using iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhonovision View Post
    Hmm. I have installed iAcess and added the source. I installed the macbook air keyboard, applied it in winterboard and yet I still have the regular keyboard? Am I missing something?

I'm using iPhone 4.
    try hitting the "globe" icon a few times till it pops up.

Just intalled this and went smoothly, thanks a lot for sharing! only this is, that when using a custon keyboard you lose the function of holding down a button and getting accented button options, but who uses thosw anyway?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast