Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Selfmade Retina Icons - Help

Question Selfmade Retina Icons - Help
    Hi

i try to make the icons of this theme Blue Matrix for iPhone by ~shoowack on deviantART that they looks like retina. For example the phone icon. But if i change the pixel/inch resolution the icon grows and if i reduce it on 60x60 or 114x114 its stay so big and dont look very sharp.

need help

Changing the DPI of an image does nothing, this only applies to printing the picture on paper. Resizing it bigger will not magically make a sharp, bigger image. You are just doubling up pixels, you can't get new information from what's not there.

ok so how i gona do it?

1. You don't, and wait for a new version to come out.
    2. Make everything you want to be higher resolution from scratch going off the style you want to copy.

ok now i made a icon by my self. 800 x 800, 400dpi, but its still looks pixelized... i put it in my theme... in the oroginal theme with the phote button u have 2 versions the normal name.png and the @2x.png but if in put this ending in the high resulution icon it dont change it :S

EDIT:
    i made it
    and yes you can change the resolution and it works for the ratina display
    Last edited by axzel; 2010-08-12 at 03:59 PM.

If you are looking for iPhone toolbar icons that support the new @2x retina display size than check these out: 270 Toolbar Icons for iPhone 4 Retina Display | BRKR Designs | Web + Graphic + Creative Design Services

Thanks