Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The White 4G Farce

Default The White 4G Farce
    Isn't it pretty obvious at this point that Apple is delaying the white iPhone 4G for a reason other than "manufacturing difficulties with the white coloring process".

In this day and age I can't believe they are shoveling this excuse and none of the major Apple rumor sites aren't conspiracy theorizing or even breaking the excuse down with common sense.

Is the white being delayed for rev2 and an antenna update?

I cant be the only person who thinks this excuse is bunk...

It's just a phone.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to piston597 For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2010-08-11), jkmonkey (2010-08-11)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Why is it so hard to believe? The delay was announced before the masses got their flawed black phones. It is totally believable that a color process could delay the launch.

I thought it was super obvious that they're fixing the antennae issue. I don't get why people are even speculating. They did say that cases were only going to go out until around September, when they said a fix might come out, around the same time the white iPhone seems to be coming out. I don't get why people are mad that Apple is actually taking time to fix the problem with the new phone, rather than rush-sending the broken version. But yeah, originally, the white paint was only supposed to delay the release a month or less after the black iPhone, which didn't happen. Now, if the white iPhone releases and stuff's still not fixed, then I'll start to rage, but as of now, I'm happy Apple's attending to the problem so that a fixed iPhone will not come June 2011, but rather within the next month or two.

Thanks

and here i though i was the only one who says 'bunk' still

anyways, i don't think they're hiding anything big, but we'll see
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

Really? Totally believable that it takes months to make a white version of something that has been out for nearly two months?

I have no issue with the delay to improve issues but I think it's silly to believe in this day and age a devices color alone could cause it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    it's just a phone.
    lol