Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Contacts to SIM Card Backup?

Question Contacts to SIM Card Backup?
    Recommendations please on most thorough and reliable method or app to backup all of my iPhone contacts to SIM card and also import these contacts from SIM card to new or alternate phone.

I have 1st gen phone, 2.2 software. Considering either getting new v4 phone or replacing battery on this one. Would be nice to transfer contacts easily to either temporary, cheap T-Mobile phone and/or transfer same SIM card (and phone number) to v4 iPhone. Thoughts?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

can't you just back them up with windows/mac contacts?
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Can you put your windows/mac contacts onto a new phone without syncing? hey, itunes doesn't always work perfectly. for example, if i add new contacts on my phone, sometimes the sync process adds the contacts to my outlook (correct). sometimes it deletes the contacts from my phone to make it match outlook (incorrect). I don't want to take the chance of itunes deleting all my contacts, so I want to back them up to the SIM card. This will also make it easier to import to a new phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dt3001 View Post
    Recommendations please on most thorough and reliable method or app to backup all of my iPhone contacts to SIM card and also import these contacts from SIM card to new or alternate phone.

I have 1st gen phone, 2.2 software. Considering either getting new v4 phone or replacing battery on this one. Would be nice to transfer contacts easily to either temporary, cheap T-Mobile phone and/or transfer same SIM card (and phone number) to v4 iPhone. Thoughts?
    There is a way to transfer them to google can't remember but just google it and transfer them to google then when you get a new phone just transfer from google to your new phone!

DO NOT attempt to change battery in iphone 2g, its a bewitch!

You can back it up to an email address, just plug in your iPhone, go to info, then to contacts, click sync contacts with and choose google or yahoo mail, then type in the needed stuff, and when it asks to replace or merge click MERGE contacts replacing will delete your iPhone contacts, once you merge it go to your email check if the contacts are there to be sure, now you can hook up your new iPhone 4 and do the same steps and by clicking merge your contacts on your email will contain your original contacts which will transfer over to your iPhone 4.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to piston597 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-08-11)

Default OMG ppl let's focus!
    I appreciate that some of you are trying to help, but your replies are providing very very basic info that I already have. I know that I can back up my contacts to an email address, e.g., yahoo, Outlook. That is not the topic!

I want to back up my contacts directly to my SIM card, and then retrieve those same contacts directly from the SIM without interfacing through iTunes, Yahoo, and especially "evil" Google. That's it--Sim, Sim, Sim!

Sim manager from cydia.

what's the repo for simmanager? i can't seem to find it with what i currently have

Let me clarify something.

Until I can afford/buy an iPhone 4, I want to back up all my contacts (from 1st gen iphone) to sim card. My iphone is literally dying (battery worn out) and I can't use it reliably to make calls, play music, check email, or load a web page. Sometimes it works, mostly shuts down due to "stress".

Anyway, in the meantime, I want to get this cheap but decent little Samsung phone they have in T-Mobile store. That phone cannot sync with anything, but it can read contacts from sim card. I have like 200+ very detailed contacts (with photos, addresses, notes, etc.) and there's no way I can sit and retype all of that into what will be just a temp phone until I get an iphone.

Now everyone understand why I can't use Google, Outlook, etc.? I NEED to back up ALL contact info to sim card on my 1st gen iphone. Suggestions/methods please.

*original post*

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Simmanager

period!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kadinh View Post
    Simmanager

period!
    SIManager

@OP
    I use it myself and it's exactly what you're looking for.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Default Syncing contacts from Address Book to iPhone4
    I have a problem when I sync my contacts in Address Book in my MacBk to my iPhone 4 using iTunes.

I checked the box to sync contacts in iTunes and when synced I noticed that many contacts were duplicated.

I do not use MobileMe.

I checked that the contact list in Address Book has no double entries.

I have tried unchecking the box in iTunes and delete contacts from iPhone 4, then recheck the box to sync again. But the problem is still there.

Is there a glitch somewhere?

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks!

I don't think sim manager works with iPhone 4