Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there an app for this? If not maybe a good idea.

Default Is there an app for this? If not maybe a good idea.
    I have been thinking about passwording my iphone incase it gets stolen. I bought locktopus and i have a passcode when i slide to unlock but the flaw is if my phone is lost or stolen the person who has it can turn it off and i wont be able to get in touch with it.

So i was wondering is there an app to password turning the phone off?

Where the slide to power off works like the lockscreen and wont shut down without a password.

Obviously you could hold power and home buttons but alot of people wont know this.

That way you could use one of the push find you phone apps to track it without losing it because its off.

Is there anything like this?

The app should also prevent the battery from going flat. If they could do that, then this app would be awesome!

You trying to be funny?

I was just trying to point out that an app that prevents a phone from being turned off is probably of limited use, since it doesn't take long for the batteries on these phones to go flat anyway.

And how long would it take for you to notice your phone missing? I can pretty much gaurentee that within an hour most people would notice their phone missing.

If your battery dies within an hour you have a problem. Obviously batteries would die but im sure it could help alot if people still.

Next time try replying without the sarcasm and people might not think your an absolute dickhead.