Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 won't finish restore

Unhappy iPhone 4 won't finish restore
    I have to restore iphone back to firmware 4.0.1 but the bar only completed 75% and stop there and never finish.

Try, try again
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Ya I had this problem with my iTouch a couple days ago, I tried on a different computer then (had to install iTunes on it for the first time) and the restore was successful, then I tried on this comp again to see if it'll work on both my iTouchs and my iPhone 4 and it wouldn't work. So restored it again on my other comp it worked, then reinstalled iTunes on this comp. I think iTunes was bugged up or something, try reinstalling iTunes or restore on a different comp.

I tried 3 diferent computers and I put the phone on dfc and diferent usb port and nothing work . The phone start the restored mode and stop at 75%

Edit

I found the proble i remove getwifisync.com uninstaller from my computer and I fix the iphone.

I found the proble i remove getwifisync.com uninstaller from my computer and I fix the iphone.
    Last edited by hferran; 2010-08-10 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hferran For This Useful Post:

hasanuz2001 (2010-08-28)

Thanks

Wifi sync blocks restores and if you ever changed your 'host' file to downgrade in the past you need to change the 'host' file back or the restore will not finish.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

hasanuz2001 (2010-08-28)

I've heard of a problem with it and Wi-Fi sync, do you have it installed?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

hasanuz2001 (2010-08-28)