Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: In-Call contact pix

Question In-Call contact pix
    Hi guys!

How do I get my In-Call contact pix to look like they do on the iPhone commercials? I can get them to look that way when I insert a location but no pic. (see pic)

thanx!

tim

This doesn't answer your question at all, but I really like the font and icons you are using there. What is that called?

Quote Originally Posted by mfranzel View Post
    This doesn't answer your question at all, but I really like the font and icons you are using there. What is that called?
    LOL! I knew that would happen! The font is Neutraface, the UI theme is Principium (its NFR=not for release, its in private Beta ATM), The lock theme is Tenuitas (NFR), and the wallpaper can be found here: MobileMe Gallery

There are copy-cat versions of Principium and Tenuitas - check mac themes and deviant art

[EDIT]

The carrier is the M* carrier (NFR), the Status Notifier theme + status bar theme is Classicus (NFR)

Thanks a bunch! I appreciate it. Now let me actually try to help you

When you say you want it like in the commercials, you mean you want the contact picture to display small like in your example and not as the background/fullscreen?

Quote Originally Posted by mfranzel View Post
    Thanks a bunch! I appreciate it. Now let me actually try to help you

When you say you want it like in the commercials, you mean you want the contact picture to display small like in your example and not as the background/fullscreen?
    Yes! I want my contacts to look like my screen shot - not full screen. I'd post a screenshot of what my in-call contacts look like... but the description is pretty self explanatory.

ps: you can find the stuff in my screenie if you are resourceful enough... nuff said.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to klouud For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2010-12-02)

I know that using Google Sync with your contacts will make it into the small pictures. Maybe cloud-based contacts are why the images are tiny?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suteru For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2010-12-02)

Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    I know that using Google Sync with your contacts will make it into the small pictures. Maybe cloud-based contacts are why the images are tiny?
    So synce with Google contacts? And then overwrite?
    I have synced with Funambol but that keeps everything exactly the same

10. The Following User Says Thank You to klouud For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2010-12-02)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suteru For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2010-12-02)

Quote Originally Posted by Suteru View Post
    Follow these instructions:
    Google Sync for your phone
    Ok, so if I want all of my contact pix replaced then I need to choose "delete" instead of "keep on my iPhone"?

[EDIT]
    There is a forum on google that talks about google limiting the contacts options. For instance, custom fields are not allowed and additional information is not allowed to be inserted into contacts. I don't want that...
    Feedback?
    Last edited by klouud; 2010-08-10 at 08:14 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to klouud For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2010-12-02)

Bumpy McBumpington

16. The Following User Says Thank You to klouud For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2010-12-02)

Thanks

I know when I take a pic on my actual phone it shows up full screen when I have an incoming call. But when I use a contact pic from google or or FB it shows as a little box in the corner.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mbeezy81 For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2010-12-02)

Quote Originally Posted by mbeezy81 View Post
    I know when I take a pic on my actual phone it shows up full screen when I have an incoming call. But when I use a contact pic from google or or FB it shows as a little box in the corner.
    Right. I am afraid to click delete when using the google sync. How do you do it without getting doubles or deleting your contacts?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to klouud For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2010-12-02)

small hijack.
    how do you put contacts to sync with facebook pics? That would be sweet.
    I have cyntact but that just uses the pics from inside the contact.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to rest_easy For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2010-12-02)

It does it through the facebook app on your iphone - just choose to sync

I have another question - how do I push my iPhone contacts to my gail account? Everything is set up... but I can't figure out how to move my contacts to my gmail account. Do I have to do this via iTunes?

thanx

tim

24. The Following User Says Thank You to klouud For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2010-12-02)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Thanks

I use an exchange e-mail account, no google sync or anything else, so can't help you there. But the difference for me depends on where I set the contact picture.

For example, if I assign a picture in my Outlook contact it will show up small in the upper right hand corner.

But if I have a picture ON my phone and I assign it on my phone then it shows up full screen like you want.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Niner1000RR For This Useful Post:

six1101 (2010-12-02)