Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Beware I just got conned on ebay

Stay away from laboy90 on eBay. He ripped me off for 575 for a set of power front seats for my silverado. Not on topic exactly but that guy is a thief as well. Never got my money back either, was stupid and gave the guy some slack in the shipping and waited too long to file a claim. Stay away from him for anything he's selling.
    HK-Z on Game Center

iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eyepoper View Post
    Sorry to say but I think that your phone has been stolen in the shipping.... Thats all I can say..How many days did the shipping take ? did you wait longer? or did something went wrong ?
    I really think that, that would be the Case.. try retreiving some information with the shipping method if there were some issues...
    Seeing that you didn`t receive the original Box also.. I think somewhere between the shipping they stole your iphone.. I mean iphone 4g are GOLD these days...

After seeing that the seller has so many stars and 98% are positive... I really dont think that you are the black sheep. serious... I buy things on ebay every monht... bought already many phones many iphone new and used..
    I also keep track on the stars..never had an issue..

Really..go to the shipper and resolve that one first...
    That might have been the problem, but the shipping was USPS express mail international insured and it took 5 working days to arrive over here. We have checked the weight of the package when it was shipped in the USA and when it arrive and the difference was 40 grams which is very little and might be due to difference of the scales. As I have written earlier, I have opened the package infront of the post office clerk because I was a bit cautious, so when we saw what is in the box they have issued me an official protocol from the post office, signed and stamped by the chief of the post office, the clerk and the chief of customs over there saying the weight, and the contents of the package... that's why I'm so pissed that ebay/paypal are so ignorant...

iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Thanks

There is a movement on my case!!! I have received the full refund (once for all) from my bank saying that we have won the case and they consider it closed. However when I have tried to log to paypal I'm seeing the following:

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
    Why is my account access limited?
    Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):
    (Your case ID for this reason is --------------------------------.)
    Oct 2, 2010: You recently requested a chargeback (payment reversal) through your credit card's issuing bank on a payment made using PayPal.
    We encourage users to attempt to resolve disputes through the PayPal Buyer Protection Program before using an external chargeback program. We will honor any chargeback that our investigation determines is valid.
    If you win your chargeback dispute, you must return the original merchandise to the seller and provide PayPal with proof of this return, or reimburse PayPal for any duplicate credit received for this transaction. For more information on the Buyer Protection Program, please review PayPal's User Agreement.

(Your case ID for this reason is -------------------------------.)
    How can I get my account access restored?
    Please visit the Resolution Center and complete the "Steps to Remove Limitations.
    So now they want me to upload a scanned photo ID and to reimburse the chargeback amount, as according to them I have received my merchandise... The conclusion is: never, ever use paypal or ebay ... as they are really not worth at all!!!

Well I too was ripped ( so I thought ) from a highly reputable vendor off eBay. Legally I too waited too long to officially put a complain , at first I was furious because I had made several dealings with this vendor , but with time I understood that it had been up to me to start the process of a complain/dispute on eBay and I didn't do it, in time.

So I learned something...

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slavipz View Post
    There is a movement on my case!!! I have received the full refund (once for all) from my bank saying that we have won the case and they consider it closed. However when I have tried to log to paypal I'm seeing the following:

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

So now they want me to upload a scanned photo ID and to reimburse the chargeback amount, as according to them I have received my merchandise... The conclusion is: never, ever use paypal or ebay ... as they are really not worth at all!!!
    First and formost may I say congrats!

The paypal restriction is something they do when there is a problem and sometimes I think they do it just to piss people off.

I have had this happen mulitple times to me and most of the time its after a dispute.

And again congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats man, nice to hear that you got your money back! wow two whole months later! But hey, better late than never!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234