Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Beware I just got conned on ebay

it could have been some one for the post office or shipping company they used i used to work for USP you would be surprised of what people take.

Quote Originally Posted by russian711 View Post
    sorry to hear what he did to you. Gimme his address Ill go and show him whats up, I live close to GA.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-08-19 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Safety

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Please do not post people's address. I know he did you wrong but please do not post the person's address.

This is for the safety of him, you, and the person that actually uses the address for wrong reasons.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slavipz View Post
    Hey, just wanted to let you all know what happened to me on ebay, so you must all be very careful. I have bought this item: New Factory Sealed iPhone 4 4G 16GB Black UNLOCKED - eBay (item 130415998567 end time Jul-31-10 09:01:22 PDT) for 925 USD and today I have received the item. However the box was sized as a REGULAR Iphone box., but it was full of nothing but paper!!! The guy selling the item is with Seller's ID: urbanmomma and real name Chris Steinbart, The seller has a rating of 1250 so I paid with confidence. I have opened a case with ebay to see what are they going to do about as they are advertising the I'm fully covered as a buyer. However i really want this guy to be dead. I really can't believe that there are such kind of people on this world. It is unbelievable!!! Do you hav such kind of experience with ebay sellers and what have happen, did your problem got resolved by ebay?

Here is a picture of what I got:
    Did some digging.

Get the contact info from ebay

In the case you open ask the seller to provide the seria number of the said iphone.

If they refuse that is going to look real bad when ebay looks at the case.

With the contact info locate the County that the seller lives in and contact the Prosecuting Attorney in that county and submit your issue and he will have to open a case and investigate! One thing that you need to tell him is you have requested the serial of the phone number they sold you.

They will be forced into producing this because they had to buy the item somewhere in order to sell the item on ebay and the serial number is recorded somewhere.

Also contact AT&T and list the iphone as stolen and they will bar the iphone from being used in the USA.

If somebody stole or took the Iphone out of the package during shippment then the seller should be glad to give this information to you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    slavipz

If you get anything in the mail that you think might be out of the ordinary only open it infront of USPS agent and have him verify what is in the package, same if UPS or Fedex.
    That is what I did. I had a strange "sixt" feeling, that's why I opened it in front of the post office clerk and they were pretty amazed of what was inside the package, so they have issued me a protocol with a date, stamp and outgoing number declaring what was inside the package. I have got my money back from the bank, but from what I see, the guy is trying to prove he is right and I'm wrong, because I had received a call from the bank saying that they are doing an investigation and will call me if they prove that the seller is right and I might need to put the money back into my account...

Thanks

That is what I did. I had a strange "sixt" feeling, that's why I opened it in front of the post office clerk and they were pretty amazed of what was inside the package, so they have issued me a protocol with a date, stamp and outgoing number declaring what was inside the package. I have got my money back from the bank, but from what I see, the guy is trying to prove he is right and I'm wrong, because I had received a call from the bank saying that they are doing an investigation and will call me if they prove that the seller is right and I might need to put the money back into my account...
    Take a copy of protocol to the bank and let them have a copy and also get them to sign for it.

You got em

Good work

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    Take a copy of protocol to the bank and let them have a copy and also get them to sign for it.

You got em

Good work
    Did that. Also sent it to the guy and to ebay... now I'm waiting to see what will they say... because the bank told me that if ebay finds that that f***r is right I would have to return the money... I really can't understand why ebay is taking so long to take a decision the case...

Hey, I'm from the philippines. And I resent that scammers use our country for doing crimes like what happened to the other poster.

To the OP, glad you got your money back. Well I bought 3 3g's from ebay recently, the first one didn't arrive but I got a refund for it, the 2nd one was in mint condition and it arrived in just five days (express mail ftw thanks ebay honest seller)and the 3rd one arrived after a month and the inside of the box was all jumbled and hell, the iphone was thankfully in working condition. All of those sellers are from the USA.

thankfully im on 3gs now, sold the mint 3g and bought me one, locally.

Thanks

Did that. Also sent it to the guy and to ebay... now I'm waiting to see what will they say... because the bank told me that if ebay finds that that f***r is right I would have to return the money... I really can't understand why ebay is taking so long to take a decision the case...
    That's real easy to understand eBay is going to be out $900 if they cannot get the money back from the seller.

They are trying there best not to have to pay that out!

You got em!

Wow poor reading comprehension in my part. Your ordeal is not yet over. Usually I get my refunds after a week, granted I never spent $900 on ebay, the last refund I got was $210 I think.

Good luck!

Thanks

Tell them you'll send the $ to him..Then send back the empty box he sent you..

What !? it was in there when I shipped it..!! lol

Thanks

Hey have you an update of your situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Cid6.7 View Post
    Tell them you'll send the $ to him..Then send back the empty box he sent you..

What !? it was in there when I shipped it..!! lol
    Lmao! Yeah get that fckr back! Someones gota pay him a nice visit...

Thanks

For all those wondering what is happening to my case. I have just got a call from the bank, that the USA bank which had issued the credit card to that lying son of a ... has requested the money back as according to their investigation the seller has actually shipped the phone (!?!?!?!)... so they have charged back the money they've returned to me (!?!?!?!?)...They have said that they do not consider the case closed and they will continue try to win "the case" with the other bank... so i'm really pissed and lost hope that this will be resolved, which in my case mean double price for an iphone, because I was refunded the money I bought another one from a local retailer, deleting my ebay and paypal account, and fearwell to "Ebay buyer protection policy. Shop "safe" with us because your fully covered". In conclusion I DO NOT RECOMMEND EBAY TO ANYONE AS IT IS REALLY NOT WORTH IT!

I'm partial to the "hammer" suggestion, personally...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im sorry ya got scammed dude hopefully everything works out for ya...on the plus side who is the photo of the girl in the pic you posted

i feel bad for you.

i have never buy anything on ebay. I rather meet in person and see the item with my open eye..test it out before purchase.

there are a lot of fake account with good rating on there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heyisti View Post
    i have never buy anything on ebay. I rather meet in person and see the item with my open eye..test it out before purchase.

there are a lot of fake account with good rating on there.
    I'm starting to think that the whole ebay and paypal thing is fake (meaning figuratively)... here is the continuation of my "saga", read and cry (like me):

Hello Svetoslav Traykov,
    Our records indicate you have been reimbursed through the Chargeback process and still
    have merchandise. Please complete the steps below so that we may review
    your account further.

Please add funds to your account for the following transaction in order to
    reactivate your account:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Transaction details

Transaction date: Jul 31, 2010
    Transaction amount: -$925.00 USD

How to add funds to your account
    Blabla

Sorry to say but I think that your phone has been stolen in the shipping.... Thats all I can say..How many days did the shipping take ? did you wait longer? or did something went wrong ?
    I really think that, that would be the Case.. try retreiving some information with the shipping method if there were some issues...
    Seeing that you didn`t receive the original Box also.. I think somewhere between the shipping they stole your iphone.. I mean iphone 4g are GOLD these days...

After seeing that the seller has so many stars and 98% are positive... I really dont think that you are the black sheep. serious... I buy things on ebay every monht... bought already many phones many iphone new and used..
    I also keep track on the stars..never had an issue..

Really..go to the shipper and resolve that one first...
    Last edited by eyepoper; 2010-10-08 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast