Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Available Memory Question

Default Available Memory Question
    Hello all.

So I have a jailbroken phone and everything going good. Except that my SBsettings may not be shutting down apps as I get done with them. Although this is not a big problem, it is an annoyance cause this bogs down the available memory. I go to processes and kill processes in there but above all, is there a way to get more memory?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiya View Post
    Hello all.

So I have a jailbroken phone and everything going good. Except that my SBsettings may not be shutting down apps as I get done with them. Although this is not a big problem, it is an annoyance cause this bogs down the available memory. I go to processes and kill processes in there but above all, is there a way to get more memory?
    Double tap your Homebutton to bring up multitasking/ apps running in back ground. Then hold down the icons like you would if you were moving or deleting them. Once they start to wiggle, you'll see a red line, tap the red line and that will free up memory.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Thanks for that tip, but I'm talking bout like actually adding more memory some how. Like using more of my 8 GB for running apps instead just using it to store stuff.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiya View Post
    Thanks for that tip, but I'm talking bout like actually adding more memory some how. Like using more of my 8 GB for running apps instead just using it to store stuff.
    The 8GB is for storage. What your talking about is ram which dictates the speed of the device. The two are separate. Just like on your computer, you have a separate HD for storage and separate Ram, the same goes for the iPhone. Your speed is not dictated by the size of your hard drive but rather by the size of your ram. You can't take space from your Hard drive and add it to your ram.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, but many people including myself are not in favor of it because it is detrimental to the life of your idevice. Just search for increasing virtual memory on iPhone. I believe there's a cydia app called supercharged but I am not certain.