Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New guy with a iphone 2g

Default New guy with a iphone 2g
    Ok, I've wanted to get a Iphone for a while now and finally picked up 1 for dirt cheap. I'm currently on T-mobile and 3 out of my 4 lines will be out of contract by the end of Sept, but I'm not sure if I will be switching carriers or sticking with Tmobile. Anyway, I have a couple of questions that I hope you guys can help me with. Keep in mind I picked up my phone for only $25, cause I figured I would try it out for a while and see if I wanted to stick with apple or go back to android. (pickup a galaxy s or something)

1. Ok, right now the phone has great scratch/crack free screen, but I seem to have 2 dead pixel lines. Is there any fix I can try or do I just need a new screen and digitizer?

2. I bought the phone from a friend and he said it just stopped vibrating a couple of weeks ago. When you swith the phone to vibrate you can here a click, but that's all. How difficult is that to fix? I assume you would need one of those $5 vibrating modules off of ebay?

3. The phone is currently unlocked and has been used on T-mobile for the past few years. It is currently running ver 3.1.2, when I connected it to Itunes 9.2 it said there was update available. Should I update or will the lock the phone?

4. The friend I bought the phone from did not wipe any data, is there a way to wipe the phone clean without reverting it back to the lock status? Can I keep some of the apps that have been downloaded? The power button isn't stuck, but doesn''t respond. Would I be able to jailbreak/unlock the phone if it is reset?

5. What are some cool apps and games I should download?

Thanks for any input.

Anyone????
    Last edited by Gjohnson7; 2010-08-08 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost