Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: springboard crash after cydia updates

Default springboard crash after cydia updates
    it has been a week since i last went to cydia to update stuff. so i went to cydia to see if there was any update yesterday, and indeed there was. after updating like 4-5 packages, the phone kept on rebooting and went into a rebooting loop, and finally went on to safe mode after a few hours.

any idea how to see which packages was installed? or how to solve this crashing problem? iirc they are mostly default cydia apps except for one ilocalis. how can i know what is crashing it? any advise?

The recent updates i've downloaded were Mobile Substrate, UIKit Tools, some sort of GUI, and that's all I can remember.

Never update all together only update one by one if there's alot of updates, doing that messed up my phone once

4. The Following User Says Thank You to winvargh For This Useful Post:

eddietah (2010-08-08)

Thanks

since my crash last 2 nite but managed to recover it. since then, i don't dare to enter cydia anymore

exactly the same issue. Have you managed this springboad crash?

seems like Mobile Substrate update installed incorrectly. I have reinstalled all update package one by one again, and its the only one which still (already 20 mins) loading. Will try to delete it afterwards

solution found! just remove WeatherIcon via Cydia
    Last edited by harakiri-mosh; 2010-08-08 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to harakiri-mosh For This Useful Post:

CyberMew (2010-08-10)

holy crap i look around and thought it was an issue with the mobilesubtrate but your post helped!!!

thank you for posting!

Thanks

I pick up my courage last night and enter cydia to update all my stuffs. This time I do it slow and steady but updating one by one at a time. The only thing that take long time to reboot springboard is mobilesubtrate. Then while it's still spinning and spinning I use recboot and let it enter recovery mode and then use irecovery to let it reboot. and it's works. Then I continue with the rest of the update. Hope this helps all who are stuck.