Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS screen problems. Can't find any other problem like this!!!!

Default 3GS screen problems. Can't find any other problem like this!!!!
    I have a 3gs Iphone that WAS on firmware 3.1.3 and unlocked and jailbroken. But today, my phone started to act up. Like where it would only show a white screen. Thats it, just a pure white screen. So I do a hard reset and everything turns on fine. But 20 minutes later its doing it again. I do a hard reset but nothing works. So I thought it was a firmware malfunction. So now my 3gs iphone is currently on 4.0.1 and the screen is now black. But if I hit the sleep button I see the back light come on. The vibration still works also.
    I dont believe my phone got wet since I do not see the water sensor turning red. But I could be wrong. What do you think could be the problem?

Here are two pictures. The first one is with the phone with out the back light. And the second one is with the sleep button depressed once.
    Iphone3gsproblem1.jpg picture by sadc - Photobucket
    Iphone3gsproblem.jpg picture by sadc - Photobucket

If you cannot view the pictures, here are the direct links.
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...gsproblem1.jpg
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...3gsproblem.jpg

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

If it is a firmware issue just restore and rejailbreak. This happens occasionally, especially on iOS4 with a lot of compatibility issues. If I were you, I would hope that I had saved my shsh blobs for 3.1.3 and go back there, but if not, just restore to iOS4 and rejailbreak.
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!

Sounds like a hardware problem. Remember, to get moisture problems with and iPhone, it doesn't have to go in water, it could just be really humid. Things like this can also happen from a drop
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No