Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Docked Icon Labels...Help

Default No Docked Icon Labels...Help *FIXED*
    **EDIT**
    Download "No Docked Icon Labels 4.0" This will fix the greyed out Dock Labels.
    Thanks to Wilbourn for helping me out!

Last edited by GhStRdR2k; 2010-08-09 at 02:10 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GhStRdR2k For This Useful Post:

Suevans (2010-08-10)

I'm havin' the same problem

Also experiencing this on ios4, not sure if you guys are using that but i'd guess the problem relates to that hopefully a fix soon

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Go into winterboard, tap on No Docked Icon Labels and drag it all the way to the top of the list so it will be the first in the list (and if you want while icon labels in your folders or anywhere else, tap on White Icon Labels and place UNDER No Docked Icon Labels). It works for me and my iPhone 4 so it should work for you as well.

Last edited by Wilbourn; 2010-08-08 at 07:51 PM.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Just tried that didn't work strange

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbourn View Post
    Go into winterboard, tap on No Docked Icon Labels and drag it all the way to the top of the list so it will be the first in the list (and if you want while icon labels in your folders or anywhere else, tap on White Icon Labels and place UNDER No Docked Icon Labels). It works for me and my iPhone 4 so it should work for you as well.

Yeah that doesnt work, Your dock is also black so it hides the dock names quite nice. But if you change your dock back to say the original dock you should see the Docked labels greyed out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GhStRdR2k View Post
    Yeah that doesnt work, Your dock is also black so it hides the dock names quite nice. But if you change your dock back to say the original dock you should see the Docked labels greyed out.
    No my labels aren't black nor is my dock black. I have Transparent Dock 4.0 (its in cydia for free) on and my Wallpaper has a fade at the bottom (see screenshot). I took a screenshot of my icons with the No Docked Icons unchecked so you can see the difference. I have no idea why it's not working for you because I didn't do anything special other than checked the No Docked Icon Labels. It's really odd that it's not working for you.

Wallpaper

icons with labels (no docked icons unchecked in winterboard and white icon labels checked which is why theres no grey font.)

Its just as I said before, the wallpaper you are using is what is helping to hide the dock labels. I installed Transparent Dock 4.0 as you said and here is the way things went.

Before:

Installed Transparent Dock 4.0 and Clicked No Docked Icons:

However this still does not do what I am looking for, because I still want the Dock to be visible.

What I was telling you before if you change the wallpaper to something that is not dark you will get the following.

As you can see the docked labels are still visible, and all I did was change the wallpaper. So this solution does not work for me. As I still need the dock to be visible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GhStRdR2k View Post
    Its just as I said before, the wallpaper you are using is what is helping to hide the dock labels. I installed Transparent Dock 4.0 as you said and here is the way things went.

Before:

Installed Transparent Dock 4.0 and Clicked No Docked Icons:

However this still does not do what I am looking for, because I still want the Dock to be visible.

What I was telling you before if you change the wallpaper to something that is not dark you will get the following.

As you can see the docked labels are still visible, and all I did was change the wallpaper. So this solution does not work for me. As I still need the dock to be visible.
    Yea I just changed my wallpaper to a white one and I see what your talking about. Not sure why it does that for the docked icons but not undocked. I'm sure someone will figure it out soon.

EDIT*** I just checked in cydia and there is a "No Docked Icon Labels 4.0" that you can download. Not sure if it will work but maybe that will do the trick for you.
    Last edited by Wilbourn; 2010-08-08 at 10:13 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilbourn For This Useful Post:

GhStRdR2k (2010-08-09)

THANKS!

Edited my First post.
    Last edited by GhStRdR2k; 2010-08-09 at 02:11 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No Dovked Icon Labels 4.0 worked for me, thanks

Docked rather...
    Last edited by Suevans; 2010-08-10 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hi, just tried to lookup this package in cydia, but couldn't find it... is there a way to get the .deb maybe ?

(ok nevermind, i had switched off the "themes" categories in cydia...)
    Last edited by mcoquet; 2010-10-15 at 04:08 PM.