Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery DRAIN!! After Jailbreak.

yah seriously i really want to have a jail broken iphone but then theres these battery issues, mine isn't even unlocked as i'm using att right now is there any other sites u found where someone solved the problem or anything

guys I removed signal and have been experiencing decent battery drop, not as good as jailed but decent.

I get home and switch 3G off and turn wifi on and in around an hour and a bit on STANDBY but wifi on, its dropped around 10%

What I have discovered is that for some reason after the JB, when you have wifi on (and connected) and on standby, it consumes as much battery as if the phone was being used. This can be seen by the usage in the settings app. "Usage" goes up instead of "Standby". Also the phone gets a tiny little bit warm.

Just a question : do people concerned by the battery problem have cut themselves their microsim card ?

That's my case, and I suddenly think about the fact one edge of my chip is in contact with the microsim receiver (which is metal made...).
    See what i mean ?

Is anyone here have the battry issue without having cut the sim himself ?

psi7, you tried disabling enablettydebug, did it help?

gforel, my sim card is perfectly fine, its normal

Quote Originally Posted by bhavint21 View Post
    psi7, you tried disabling enablettydebug, did it help?

gforel, my sim card is perfectly fine, its normal
    Yeah i removed signal completely and I did notice better battery life, but on 3G (I was at work)

but when I get home and connect to my wifi, battery just drains like a mofo whilst on standby, the phone drains as if it was in use

I have a proper micro-sim not cut

Quote Originally Posted by PSI70Y View Post
    Yeah i removed signal completely and I did notice better battery life, but on 3G (I was at work)

but when I get home and connect to my wifi, battery just drains like a mofo whilst on standby, the phone drains as if it was in use

I have a proper micro-sim not cut
    oh i see, i just removed signal but still have enablettydebug(its on off through sbsettings) and im charging it to 100% then gonna C results

I uninstalled sbsettings and signal and after 50 minutes on standby the battery hasn't dropped at all. I now have no extensions, SSH isn't even installed. I'm guessing the power consumption for me was taken by SBsettings and signal combined.

Quote Originally Posted by nednarm View Post
    I uninstalled sbsettings and signal and after 50 minutes on standby the battery hasn't dropped at all. I now have no extensions, SSH isn't even installed. I'm guessing the power consumption for me was taken by SBsettings and signal combined.
    did you remove sbsettings and signal from cydia (just making sure because maybe some people delete all app files through ssh)

can someone else JB'd please see usage whilst on a WiFi network and on standby, does ur battery reduce dramatically?

did you remove sbsettings and signal from cydia (just making sure because maybe some people delete all app files through ssh)
    Yep unisntalled through cydia then rebooted. I'm going to use my phone heavily throughout the day and see if my battery is back to normal. I'll report back later.

can someone else JB'd please see usage whilst on a WiFi network and on standby, does ur battery reduce dramatically?
    yesterday when on standby with a wifi network, within 5 hours (got little sleep cause i was going to some family picnic and leaving early) i think i was at 50% then it went to 33%

Hello all,
    I think a lot of us are getting paranoid about the slightest mod that we might have made that's causing this "battery drain" problem.
    IMHO, to really troubleshoot we should test the battery from 100% until it drains off completely and post usage stats for that charge cycle here.

I noticed this issue after jailbreaking and of course unlocking. Before then the phone was always on standby and the battery last more than 3 days. Now it drains off within 24 hours even tho. i do use it extensively. As compared to at least 24 hours on my original 8GB iPhone (also J/B and unlocked).

So to catch the culprit, I deleted files/apps that I downloaded from Cydia, which was mostly SBSettings (with activator), WifiFofum. Ultrasnow's unlock is still installed. Having done this i'm already seeing an improvement in battery life. Will post the usage stats once it drains off completely on this charge cycle.

P.S. I have 3G, Notifications, disabled. Push email, WiFi, 2G, Bluetooth enabled. Brightness is set to 50%. Also, I did cut my old sim card into a micro sim with scissors.

Hope this works!
    Last edited by Macfreak7; 2010-08-09 at 12:06 PM.

yesterday when on standby with a wifi network, within 5 hours (got little sleep cause i was going to some family picnic and leaving early) i think i was at 50% then it went to 33%
    Exactly. I dont mind higher than usual battery use whilst on 3G and out and about, but this is my biggest gripe.

Technically whilst at home on WiFi, power consumption should be lower than on 3G, not higher.

Is there a setting, perhaps on a plist somewhere to turn off wifi whilst the phone is asleep (I know they enabled this in iOS4 but the JB seems to mess this up)

Exactly. I dont mind higher than usual battery use whilst on 3G and out and about, but this is my biggest gripe.

Technically whilst at home on WiFi, power consumption should be lower than on 3G, not higher.

Is there a setting, perhaps on a plist somewhere to turn off wifi whilst the phone is asleep (I know they enabled this in iOS4 but the JB seems to mess this up)
    not sure, but the thing is i'm also losing like 1% every 3-4 minutes while using phone (just like facebook, cydia, and light stuff)

For first hi everyone.
    I'm owner of 3gs, in stock it has 3.1.3 firmware.
    I JB it with spirit, and put ultrasn0w because I'm using other carrier.
    Battery overnight with no apps running, only registered with carrier, dropping about 2-3% in 8 hours of standby. I was pretty much satisified.

Then jailbreakme.com came out, i updated to ios 4.0.1, but not fresh restore, i keep all things. Battery drains, then i make fresh restore and set up as new phone.

Then i put pretty much same settings, sb, ultrasn0w, backgrounder etc.
    And my stand by was same as 3.1.3 3-4% in 8 hours of standby, but when i used it battery was dropping about 1% in 2 minutes of light use.

Then i downgraded mobilesubstrate to 3226, went to sleep and here are result.

I left carrier and wifi on, 80% of battery. Wake up 8.30 hours later, 78% battery left.
    Then i turn on opera mini, used it, and find out i lose 1% every 5 minutes of using wifi and opera.
    I can't remember my 3.1.3 battery drop when using, but i think 1% in 5 minutes is pretty good.

Of background apps I have only myfonehome
    mobilesubsrate are
    activator
    backgrounder
    cydelete
    preferenceloader
    libhide
    libstatusbar
    removerecents
    ultrasno0w

My question is: my standby time is good now. What about my usage time battery dropping? is 1% in 5 minutes of light use good or I still have problem? Thank you in advance, and sorry for long first post

Quote Originally Posted by sipe1 View Post
    For first hi everyone.
    I'm owner of 3gs, in stock it has 3.1.3 firmware.
    I JB it with spirit, and put ultrasn0w because I'm using other carrier.
    Battery overnight with no apps running, only registered with carrier, dropping about 2-3% in 8 hours of standby. I was pretty much satisified.

Then jailbreakme.com came out, i updated to ios 4.0.1, but not fresh restore, i keep all things. Battery drains, then i make fresh restore and set up as new phone.

Then i put pretty much same settings, sb, ultrasn0w, backgrounder etc.
    And my stand by was same as 3.1.3 3-4% in 8 hours of standby, but when i used it battery was dropping about 1% in 2 minutes of light use.

Then i downgraded mobilesubstrate to 3226, went to sleep and here are result.

I left carrier and wifi on, 80% of battery. Wake up 8.30 hours later, 78% battery left.
    Then i turn on opera mini, used it, and find out i lose 1% every 5 minutes of using wifi and opera.
    I can't remember my 3.1.3 battery drop when using, but i think 1% in 5 minutes is pretty good.

Of background apps I have only myfonehome
    mobilesubsrate are
    activator
    backgrounder
    cydelete
    preferenceloader
    libhide
    libstatusbar
    removerecents
    ultrasno0w

My question is: my standby time is good now. What about my usage time battery dropping? is 1% in 5 minutes of light use good or I still have problem? Thank you in advance, and sorry for long first post
    When you say wifi on, was it connected or just on?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PSI70Y For This Useful Post:

sipe1 (2010-08-09)

Quote Originally Posted by axlahn View Post

there is a Mobile Substrate extension called: enablettydebug
    that gets installed with the Signal app (and maybe it gets installed with the UNLOCK). I guess this thing polls the baseband somewhat frequently and will cause your battery to drain. I have yet to reinstall Signal while diasbling this extension, but this may very well be the MS extension that's causing everyone's problem. If you've unlocked your phone and have issues or have battery problems of any kind after using Cydia, check to see if this extension is installed.

If you don't know how...open up Cydia, go the Manage, and check Packages.

Forgot to mention, click on the button that says "SIMPLE" in the top right corner after you get to Packages...this will change things to Expert mode and you'll be able to see EVERYTHING Cydia has installed.

It's possible the unlock may not need this extension, so give it a try.

Hope this helps everyone!!
    Yea...enablettydebug doesnt get installed with ultrasn0w...but im sure this will get sorted out by the dev team soon...hopefully....till then using 3226....loss of 80% with 24 hours of standby and 3 hours of usage...so much better than 3228!

Well I left it on in sbsettings, but in my case, my 3gs when locked, put wifi in standby mode, disconnected, when I unlock it (slide to unlock) it intermediately connect to wireless. I'm more worried about usage battery dropping because I think it is to fast.
    Now I'm charging it to 100% and will use it normally and post my usage/standby times. Also i deleted some additional daemons will see how will behave.

Quote Originally Posted by nednarm View Post
    Yep unisntalled through cydia then rebooted. I'm going to use my phone heavily throughout the day and see if my battery is back to normal. I'll report back later.
    are you only JBed....no unlock right??

Quote Originally Posted by samin0786 View Post
    are you only JBed....no unlock right??
    correct.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast