Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery DRAIN!! After Jailbreak.

AppStore apps also get saved in iTunes so it's really not that big of a deal. Just sync before you restore.

Thanks, I know appstore apps get saved, but there is no way to tell it where you want your apps saved. Is that correct?

They get saved in iTunes. I'm not quit sure what you mean. Lol.

your apps are saved in itunes, in-app data however will be lost unless you restore from a backup

Right, but I'm not talking about in-app data. I'm talking about the folder settings. (What apps you have in each folder)

I know that's saved in itunes, but that is under the backup before the restore, right? From what I understand, you don't want to restore from a back up (which is what contains your iphone apps folder settings), right? Instead you want to set up a new phone, which would mean you have to go through all of your apps (which I have over 300 apps) which is a pain to go through everything and remember which ones you wanted on your phone, and then put them all back into folders).

So if you restore, you have to do all of this over again, right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well after uninstalling SBSettings i have noticed a MAJOR increase in battery life. However it is still loosing some percentage / hour. I have been on other forums and apparently the problem is Ultrasn0w. My buddy has a Rogers iPhone 4 and he has every single app and jailbreak feature as mine EXCEPT ultrasn0w. And his battery life is AMAZING! So hopefully Planetbeing can look into this problem and fix it!

Yes, i did it 3 times on the weekend. Not fun. An I dont have 300 apps.
    Its not so bad with itunes apps, the pain is cydia and repos, etc etc etc

Just to be sure I'm clear, Ultrasn0w, is only if you have unlocked your phone to use on another provider, other then att, right?

All am doing is going to jailbreakme.com and jailbreaking so I can run apps. I'm on att. So does that mean I don't have Ultrasn0w?

Also I had bbsettings, but I did not have Ultrasn0w. I wonder if that is what the cause of my batt issue was.

Just downgraded to mobilesubrate 3226 and have noticed around half the power consumption as 3228 I was getting last night(only tested it for around 1 hour), And last night I was on WiFi and 2G cellular and right now Im at work on 3G and WiFi off. Theoretically when I get home and turn WiFi on and 3G off, I should see even better results.

Thanks

So did you downgrade your Mobilsubstrate manually? And did it fix the battery draining issue? Also are you using ultrasn0w? Let me know so i can go ahead and downgrade it with those instructions that were provided like you.

Quote Originally Posted by thepianocian View Post
    There's no way to back up the messages and keep them in the phone, but you can download SMS2Mail from Cydia to backup all your texts to an e-mail if you want.

As for Cydia apps, there's some app in Cydia that allows you to back them up but I forgot the name of it...

As for your other apps, you will just have to take screenshots of your phone right now before you restore it, then manually put them all back in.

Quote Originally Posted by therockk View Post
    So did you downgrade your Mobilsubstrate manually? And did it fix the battery draining issue? Also are you using ultrasn0w? Let me know so i can go ahead and downgrade it with those instructions that were provided like you.
    I dont know if this was aimed at me?? I downloaded version 3226 from saurik's site Index of /cydia/debs/ then used ifunbox to upload the file to my iP4 and then used iFile to install it, rebooted and away I went.

I do not use ultrasn0w.

I've gone down from around 10-12% per hour on WiFi to around 3% per hour on 3G on standby. I know this is still bad compared to an un-JB phone, but it will have to do.
    Last edited by PSI70Y; 2010-08-09 at 02:17 AM.

Ok so no matter what the problem is, my question is. Is this gonna affect our battery life in the long run?? I mean I don't care of I gotta throw my phone on the charger a few time a day, but if this is gonna screw up my battery, I will hold off from unlocking until one of the dev team acknowledges and fixes this issue.

Any thoughts???

iPhone 4
    Usage : 25mins (heavy facebooking and mail)
    Standby : 2:41 hrs
    Remaining : 99%(just dropped to 99 like 5 seconds ago.)

Push is on
    3g is on
    Wifi is on
    Sbsettings is on
    SSH is off
    No Unlock
    Brightness is at 60%ish

Hope this contributes to something.

So is everyone saying that even if you don't unlock your phone (and just jailbrake it) that you'll still run into these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by iphone4523 View Post
    So is everyone saying that even if you don't unlock your phone (and just jailbrake it) that you'll still run into these issues?
    read my post... I'm not getting this I'm happy lol.

thats my experience - but as piston has mentioned he is ok with it

IMHO it's the Unlock

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Oops, wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by krosis View Post
    I've also run into a problem where the phone doesn't actually go into standby. The screen turns off, it makes the click, but it never powers down or gives up it's wifi. This is in effect, similar to just playing music in the background in ipod. I noticed this because of two things. First, when I'd pick up my phone after an hour of standby, the WiFi would be already on as soon as I turned it on, instead of coming up after 2-4 seconds.
    After reading your wifi part I checked my phone and it was like you said the wifi came on right away after taking phone off standby.

So I ran a couple tests:

1) Turned everything off including wifi and my battery still consumed 5% per hour on standby.
    2) Then I turned everything off and put the phone in airplane mode and still consumed 5% per hour on standby.

Thanks

Ok, well i followed those instrcutions on page 6 .... i downgraded the Mobilesubstrate to 3226 ... let see now .. the battery is at 60%. I will check again in an hour and see what it is at.

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast