Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery DRAIN!! After Jailbreak.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^mato2

Yes, but it's dangerous if you make a mistake. Modify the version # of the mobile substrate item listed in /private/var/lib/dpkg/status. Make backup copies!! Cydia will now 'think' a later version is installed. Be careful!
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-08-30 at 05:17 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

mato2 (2010-08-30)

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    ^mato2

Yes, but it's dangerous if you make a mistake. Modify the version # of the mobile substrate item listed in /private/var/lib/dpkg/status. Make backup copies!! Cydia will now 'think' a later version is installed. Be careful!
    What do u mean be careful? U mean change the number 3226 to 3228?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iwannamod View Post
    What do u mean be careful? U mean change the number 3226 to 3228?
    Cydia shows the version number of the update and the status file has a similar although earlier number. For this to work, the status version number has to be slightly greater than the update version number. Be careful and make a backup copy first.

Thanks

If your phone is jaukbroken "sbsettings" kills your battery

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by olddirty625 View Post
    I disagree 100%.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

jordanemmet (2010-11-01)

That's like saying the cd drive on ur laptop kills the battery. The drive itself does very little, it's HOW YOU USE the drive that can affect the battery

Thanks

When I had sbsettings on my phone it drained my battery a lot and all i had where the Bluetooth, 3G, wifi toggles and that's it ... I didn't want to erase it but I did notice a
    Significant battery change when I did

What do u think baterry 16% usage 6h 11 min stanby 7h 47min wifi on games tap revenge radio playing on background 3g on of about 80% of time mostly surfing on wifi and mail push on manually bchecking email talking in IM Brightenss 35%! ????

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It does not. You are wrong. I have SBSettings and my battery life is amazing.

Likewise.. Besides, isnt thats what sbsettings is for? To have control over some functions? Try loading new toggles and turning everything off lol

I left my phone on standby for 9 hours last night at 100%, when I checked it this morning it was on 91% with 31 mins usage.
    I have push off and mail set to fetch hourly.

I'm not sure what could be causing this as I don't have ultrasn0w installed. Any suggestions? I might remove sbsetting and see if that makes a difference.

hello, i read almost all pages of this thread...

i have an unlocked iphone 4 on 4.0.1
    jailbreaked and installed the following

• signal
    • 3gunrestrictor
    • sbsettings
    • sbsettings toggle
    • open ssh
    • infinidock
    • infinifolders
    • commcenterNoSig 4.0.1

(did all the updates cydia required)

finally installed RecentCall/delete

Although before installing signal , the battery was ok,
    after installing signal, comcenterNoSig, and RecentCall/Delete

i found out that the battery is more draining ...

So i am right now uninstalling
    • signal
    • 3gunrestrictor,
    • open ssh
    • RecentCall/Delete

and deactivated preference loader and libhide

Will check out tonight how it goes and see..

In general, how much should an iphone 4 32gb with ~ 1 hour of talk and ~30 mins of web browsing and ~20 mins of applications (games, twitter)
    should last ?
    wifi always on
    push off
    3g off

Does anyone that have tried RecentCall/Delete also have problems ?
    I think my setup is a common one after jailbreaking ...

signal was known to cause problems but iphone the developer (planetbeing) updated it... in any case ur usage i guess i wud have about 70-80% left...

i always seem to get the worst battery drainage...
    it's been 6 hours since i got up from bed. i had 100% at the time. i now have 35%...
    My battery drained 65% in 6 hours.... around 11% per hour...
    3G on, everything else is off. i played some games, had a few calls, listened to 1 hour of music, took a few pictures...
    on standby without doing anything much i just saw my phone drop from 45% to 35% in half an hour... what is going on!?

To all the people with battery draining issues, are you restoring and "set up as new phone" after jailbreaking? If you restore with an old backup you are prone to problems.

My suggestion is this:

1. Go into your iTunes folder and delete the latest firmware file.

2. Plug in your iPhone to iTunes and when you get the pop up window asking you to download the software say yes and install. This will restore your phone with a factory fresh install of the iOS.

3. Once you are up and running and iTunes asks you if you want to restore from a backup or set up as a new phone select the "Set up as new phone"

4. Jailbreak and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
    To all the people with battery draining issues, are you restoring and "set up as new phone" after jailbreaking? If you restore with an old backup you are prone to problems.

My suggestion is this:

1. Go into your iTunes folder and delete the latest firmware file.

2. Plug in your iPhone to iTunes and when you get the pop up window asking you to download the software say yes and install. This will restore your phone with a factory fresh install of the iOS.

3. Once you are up and running and iTunes asks you if you want to restore from a backup or set up as a new phone select the "Set up as new phone"

4. Jailbreak and have fun!
    meaning we will lose all our sms and stuff like that... no thanks

So you lose your old texts, Big deal. That's a pretty small price to pay to have good battery life. You choose......

You could probably ssh and grab your sms database now, jailbreak fresh following the steps above and then once all set up just ssh back in and overwrite the file with the old one and all your texts should be back.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yiujun View Post
    meaning we will lose all our sms and stuff like that... no thanks
    Zomg not our texts!!!

I jailbroke my iPhone the day I got it and was disappointed by the battery drainage.

I'm restoring it and rejailbreaking it right now, I hope it will be better this time.

i used pwnage to upgrade to 4.1 on 3gs, same utilities as 4.0.1 and battery drains around 18% an hour. went back to 4.0.1 for now. Lot of people having this issue on 4.1, not sure what it is, I was fine for 2 days before it started, the next time i was fine for 12 hrs then started draining fast, hope 4.2 runs better. I only upgraded because huluplus runs like **** on 4.0.1 but ran smooth on 4.1. hoping 4.2 is better.

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast