Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery DRAIN!! After Jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ever since i upgraded to the new Ultrasn0w + downgraded Mobilsubstrate to 3226 + installed SBSettings + Disabled 3G Unrestrictor (In SBSettings) i have been getting AMAZING battery life. This morning i started off with 100%. I have been browsing the net, checking / replying to emails, iPod, making phone calls .. the works .. and now 12 hours later ... i still have 51% battery left!!! WOW!

Hey guys so j been reading like every post in here and so many ppl have different results, i am also having battery drainage problem and i have tried everything (turning off wifi, bluetooth, locator, flash brightness to lowest 3g, data, have gmail to push not fetch etc) i do a full charge before going to bed and lock it i sleep for 5 hrs and i check my phone wen i wake up and ots 78,79% wtf? I have iphone 4 4.0.1 JB with AT&T, does anyone have anysuggestions? Delete daemons? Deleting virus or whatever? Idk what to do.

I've fixed mine... tried everything then it came down to something simple, hope it works for you.

After hours of monitoring, tracking, watching bash screens for diagnosis I finally tried the option

Reset All Settings

Since reboot, the iPhone4 is on 88% with 1 hours usage and 9 hours standby running gmail push via exchange

Awesome!!!!

Ok - Got to ask - Anyone else "reset" to find a benefit?!

Quote Originally Posted by kidblue View Post
    Ok - Got to ask - Anyone else "reset" to find a benefit?!
    :lol: Sounds cheesy right...? Check back my posts and see the lengths I've gone to

Quote Originally Posted by .matt View Post
    Woah, huge improvement!

First night on standby, it went from 100% -> 85% (9 hours)
    I switched off Push for Mail.app, and removed Signal.app

And last night, I left it on standby for 10 hours:

Is push for Mail the culprit, or signal,app?
    That's where I'm at and I haven't tried putting either back on yet as I don't require them.

Quote Originally Posted by sophos9 View Post
    :lol: Sounds cheesy right...? Check back my posts and see the lengths I've gone to
    I'm just saying, something that simple could make a difference and also make a lot of us smack our heads against the wall

Question - What does "reset all settings" actually reset? Did you jailbreak and unlock?

Quote Originally Posted by sophos9 View Post
    I've fixed mine... tried everything then it came down to something simple, hope it works for you.

After hours of monitoring, tracking, watching bash screens for diagnosis I finally tried the option

Reset All Settings

Since reboot, the iPhone4 is on 88% with 1 hours usage and 9 hours standby running gmail push via exchange

Awesome!!!!
    Ill give this a shot and report back thanks!
    Has anyone tried resetting the settings? And has anyone tried something different?

PS: right now i have 4hrs used 12 hrs of standby and im at 38% thats ****** up right?
    Last edited by etolosa88; 2010-08-14 at 08:17 PM.

Does resetting mess up a jailbreak or unlock? What does it actually reset?

Ok, I'm gonna try resetting all settings. I'll report back later.

Update, nope still getting battery drain after resetting all settings.
    Last edited by nednarm; 2010-08-14 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Proof is here, light usage, facebook, wifi, online radio, opera, little gaming, I'm happy.

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

I just did a clean restore and set up as a new iPhone. I'm going to keep it unjailbroken for a day or two and see if its the jailbreak process thats killing my battery or my phone in my case.
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Bro, change your font colour .. nobody can ready anything you type without having to highlight it or zoom into it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie-Mac View Post
    I just did a clean restore and set up as a new iPhone. I'm going to keep it unjailbroken for a day or two and see if its the jailbreak process thats killing my battery or my phone in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by nednarm View Post
    Ok, I'm gonna try resetting all settings. I'll report back later.

Update, nope still getting battery drain after resetting all settings.
    Did "reset all settings" mess up your jailbreak or unlock? what did it reset?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therockk View Post
    Bro, change your font colour .. nobody can ready anything you type without having to highlight it or zoom into it!
    I can, brah.
    iLive an iLife

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernie-Mac For This Useful Post:

neodude237 (2010-08-16)

I can, brah.
    No one else can... brah.

Thanks

Nicely said ... brah.

Quote Originally Posted by rettignick View Post
    No one else can... brah.

Quote Originally Posted by .matt View Post
    I left my iPhone 4 on stand by for 8 hours and 45 minutes (overnight), and it drained from 100% to 85%...

It was connected to a 2G network, WiFi was on, with these running processes:

What app is this?

This battery drain thing on the iPhone 4 is killing me. I am tired of uninstalling apps and reinstalling? And I am a little pissed after spending $4 on Pkg Backup, Looks fairly useless. As it did not really restore anything correctly.

Got rid of mobile substrate, bite sms, winterboard sbsettings etc. Still the same.
    Last edited by onefish2; 2010-08-15 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rettignick View Post
    No one else can... brah.
    You seem to be replying to my posts just fine...

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

You seem to be replying to my posts just fine...
    i can see it just fine!!

Also, you should expect battery drain when you are using your phone to its full potential. if the jailbreak is that big a problem with its extra battery drain dont jaiilbreak. the new iphone 4 does have a better battery life but iv come to expect to charge these things once a day or if im lucky once every two days. Its an iphone they have always been like this. i dont see how anything is different than before. Suck it up or go back to your lame stock iphone
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast