Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery DRAIN!! After Jailbreak.

I'm using Istat on my freshly restored iphone 4 (unjailbreaked) because i still have battery drain issues.

When active, the system load shown on istat goes down to 0.10 or less after a 30 seconds...
    I quit Istat, leave the ihpone "off" for 15 Min and check back istat : surprise, the average load goes over 0.5 !!!

it's not normal : load average should go lower then 0.1 when inactive !!!

Big mystery, big virus, i don't know. But BIG PROBLEM !

(push notification off, wifi off, no gmail / or exchange).

EDIT

After having read a few posts :
    - I disabled notifications (no effect on load average)
    - I removed Skype.app & my gmail account (not exchange) => Gerald wins : load is now always lower than 0.12 after standby. Great improvement, but i still gotta see if it resolves my battery issue.

Wait & see...
    Last edited by gforel; 2010-08-13 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by gforel View Post
    EDIT
    After having read a few posts :
    - I disabled notifications (no effect on load average)
    - I removed Skype.app & my gmail account (not exchange) => Gerald wins : load is now always lower than 0.12 after standby. Great improvement, but i still gotta see if it resolves my battery issue.
    Crazy question - If you remove your Gmail account to get better battery life, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a phone that can check email?

I've been looking for an answer to Gmail without a huge tax on the battery. Push via Exchange was working for me, but it's not searchable and I get 20+ emails/day. I went to a "normal" (IMAP?) Gmail account with 15-minute polling... Who knows what's preferable?

Using MS 3228 now, still not SBsettings installed however.

I seem to be getting the same drainage in use, and in standby:

Usage: 2hours 51 minutes
    Standby 20 Hours 37 minutes
    Battery: 54%

--

I'm just running the JB and have MyWi, My3g and 5 icon dock installed. I've got wifi on, always, and have shifted over to using the Pushmail app to handle my gmail push rather than going through exchange.

Usage: 4hours, 49 minutes
    Standby: 1day, 9hours
    22% left
    Pretty satisified.
    3-5 minutes of use to lose 1% of battery

Heres my result (from 100%) after upgrade to ultrasn0w 1.1.1 and MS 3228
    most of the usage time are for gaming.

Last edited by Kama1314; 2010-08-13 at 10:17 PM.

My factory unlocked phone came yesterday. I jailbroke it and UNINSTALLED MobileSubstrate. So I have no cydia apps at all on my phone except cydia. My battery?

It has been 1 hour 34 minutes and I'm already at 94%.

WHAT THE HELL???

Quote Originally Posted by thepianocian View Post
    My factory unlocked phone came yesterday. I jailbroke it and UNINSTALLED MobileSubstrate. So I have no cydia apps at all on my phone except cydia. My battery?

It has been 1 hour 34 minutes and I'm already at 94%.

WHAT THE HELL???
    1hr 34min of use? or standy? Standby that's not good. Use, thats actually pretty good better than me by far.

Quote Originally Posted by rettignick View Post
    1hr 34min of use? or standy? Standby that's not good. Use, thats actually pretty good better than me by far.
    Standby with 15 min use. If it was usage I wouldn't complain haha.

Right now I have 87% w 2 hr 40 min standby and 30 min usage!!!
    Last edited by thepianocian; 2010-08-14 at 12:08 AM.

Standby with 15 min use. If it was usage I wouldn't complain haha.

Right now I have 89% w 2 hr 40 min standby and 30 min usage!!!
    Thats not good. What settings do you have on/off and what apps do you have installed (mainly mobilesubstrate addons)?

Thats not good. What settings do you have on/off and what apps do you have installed (mainly mobilesubstrate addons)?
    no push, no bt, no wifi, no location, fetch 15 min mail, uninstalled MS completely. now im at 86% after 2 min usage

also no cydia apps. by the way i unsubcribed to the thread on accident, how do i resubscribe?
    Last edited by thepianocian; 2010-08-14 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

no push, no bt, no wifi, no location, fetch 15 min mail, uninstalled MS completely. now im at 86% after 2 min usage

also no cydia apps. by the way i unsubcribed to the thread on accident, how do i resubscribe?

sounds like u have less stuff setup than me and I have much better usage/standby. That's really weird, my phone has been off the charge since 9:30AM its not 5:30PM and I have 75% left and I have been using my phone a decent amount granted I was at work.

sounds like u have less stuff setup than me and I have much better usage/standby. That's really weird, my phone has been off the charge since 9:30AM its not 5:30PM and I have 75% left and I have been using my phone a decent
    amount granted I was at work.
    Yeah, my ultrasn0wed u.s. phone is doing much better right now!!! i've been following this thread for a few weeks now bc of the other phone... i thought canadian phone would fix it but its actually worse!!!

Yeah, my ultrasn0wed u.s. phone is doing much better right now!!! i've been following this thread for a few weeks now bc of the other phone... i thought canadian phone would fix it but its actually worse!!!
    Try a restore and do a fresh setup, as a new phone and then jailbreak and see if that helps.

i always set up as new phone but i guess ill try again

I'm looking at about 150 minutes standby, 45 minutes usage (mostly Scrabble) per 10% =

Aprox. 6-7 usage, 24 hours standby.

Seems about normal. Wifi on, push off, locations on.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuro31 View Post
    I have a 3GS iphone 3.1.2FW and having battery drain problems like u guys.I never had Sbsettings nor i am unlocked with ultrasnow cause dont need it.I thought my problem was Mobilesubstrate version 3228 so i uninstalled it including all its modifications(px activator,categories ...)and didnt installed any previous versions yet.
    For a while thought my problem was gone .But later night when i charged iphone back to 100% and left it overnight it lost 40% over 6hours standby!!!

I think our problem its a virus called ikee which is constantly running a background process that attempts to spread itself to other vulnerable iPhones. Also, if you tried to change your root password and it didn't work, you most likely have this worm--it changes the default ssh password once it infects your iPhone.
    If u have installed memtool or istat and see a process called "poc-bbot" running in background then u are positive to this virus.This worm installs these files :
    /bin/poc-bbot
    /bin/sshpass

/var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg
    /var/mobile/LockBackground.jpg
    /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ikey.bbot.plist
    /var/lock/bbot.lock

In my case i had only the files with bold letters.U have to delete these files in order to get rid of virus!!!

Instructions how to do it and prevent it is here :
    iPhone ikee worm "Fix"
    Remove the Ikee virus from your iPhone | TheBackpackr.com
    guys have u checked about the virus ?? i deleted him and battery back to normal!! Check my previous post above and see if u are positive to this...

I don't have that virus on either of my iPhone 4's.

Yeah, I think that's the Rick Roll virus, right? We'd know if we had that. Plus, I don't even have OPEN SSH

I'll say it again, I just think that iOS 4 may be a 4-6 hour lover for most of us. Anyone who is getting more than that must be doing some pretty extreme exercises. I personally need location services, wifi and at least a bi-hourly notification of my email. Gosh, this is making my BlackBerry look good again...

Quote Originally Posted by kidblue View Post
    Yeah, I think that's the Rick Roll virus, right? We'd know if we had that. Plus, I don't even have OPEN SSH

I'll say it again, I just think that iOS 4 may be a 4-6 hour lover for most of us. Anyone who is getting more than that must be doing some pretty extreme exercises. I personally need location services, wifi and at least a bi-hourly notification of my email. Gosh, this is making my BlackBerry look good again...

Yeah, something definitely wrong with this picture. My old iPhone 2G is getting better battery life even now, after 4 years. WTF

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

I have no service in the dorms so i can never really get an accurate reading but today I spent in the city, full bars of 3G all day, my iPhone 4 went from a full charge at 100% to 20% today with 4 hours usage and 14 hours standby with only 3G on, bluetooth, location, wifi was turned off. My 3GS got better battery life...
    iLive an iLife

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast