Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery DRAIN!! After Jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by allanes5 View Post
    Your batery consumption seems on the high side to me.
    Damn, guess I'll go back to stock do it "as new" and try surfing the web and posting similar to what I'm doing now see if I get the same usage numbers. Damn! I love JB but hate the battery issue ha as I'm typing I just dropped a percent AWESOME smfh

Quote Originally Posted by kidblue View Post
    To convolute things further, it seems like a lot of us are comparing 3GS battery life (unlocked, jailbreak) with the 4. There's obviously no comparison since the 4 has a larger battery and is a more efficient (newer) device.
    Man, I have a JB iphone 4 and at this point I WISH I was losing only 5% an hour... yesterday I started the day at 8am with 100%, listened to some music for about an hour (maybe surfed the web about 30min during that time), and the phone was completely in standby for the rest of the day. By 5:15 I had about 8% left, and half an hour later the phone was dead before I even made it home...

I read (before finding this thread) that some people thought the ultrasn0w unlock was the culprit. I removed that, and today I AM seeing about 5% an hour loss... so my fix put me at the still terrible loss others are reporting...yey?

I would love to find a fix that doesn't require me turning off all the features that I used before the JB... battery life was fine before the JB with those in use. Of course I have added applications which will drain battery more, but I don't think it should be THIS much...

Quote Originally Posted by megajuliani View Post
    Damn, guess I'll go back to stock do it "as new" and try surfing the web and posting similar to what I'm doing now see if I get the same usage numbers. Damn! I love JB but hate the battery issue ha as I'm typing I just dropped a percent AWESOME smfh
    The updated ultrasnow gave me excellent standby time, about 11 hours with 1% drop.

But I find the usage draining more than it should.

20 minutes drained my battery about 3%

ios 4.0.1
    MS 3228
    ultrasn0w 1.1.1
    With everything BT, location etc turn off.

11hr 44min standby, 22min usage from 100% now its at 96%(i had played 10min games on it and it drain me 2%).

Quote Originally Posted by Kama1314 View Post
    ios 4.0.1
    MS 3228
    ultrasn0w 1.1.1
    With everything BT, location etc turn off.

11hr 44min standby, 22min usage from 100% now its at 96%(i had played 10min games on it and it drain me 2%).
    That's what I'm getting too!

Anyone know if Ipod drains battery?
    I managed to fix my drainage issues in standyby.
    Decided to play music out loud. Probably had it on for about 5 songs. Battery went from 82-76%
    is this right?

Anything utilizing the speaker will use a ton of energy. iPod playback through headphones, not so much, but a little speaker means a lot of battery drain.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

WOW, i dont know what happened ... but after updating the ultrasnow yesterday up until i woke up the battery drain issue was gone! not ... im looking 10% every HOUR!! this is worse than before!!!!!! i have no push, bluetooth, no SBSettings ... nothing running in the background .. WTFFFFF???

my stats are

27min use, 1hr 24min standby - 93%

I use notifications for words and facebook
    3G on
    WIFI off
    BT off
    Location on
    Brightness about 65 with auto-brightness

Lockinfo, MS .3228, 3G unrestrictor, signal (enabledebugtty off), iRealSMS, activator, and so on.

After updating signal to the newest version along with and update of MS from .3226 to .3228 and I've seen a slight increase in usage drain. It is either related to the fact that I use notifications (does not suprise me at all. I saw serious drainage issues prior to JBing). I will try downgrading MS again to see if that makes any difference though and will report back later.

Maybe I will install UltraSn0w after hearing all your 11hr standby 1% drop scenarios.

The updated ultrasnow gave me excellent standby time, about 11 hours with 1% drop.

But I find the usage draining more than it should.

20 minutes drained my battery about 3%
    Well as of yesterday my standby time was fine started at 100% and 3 hours later I was still at 100. I just find it a bit excessive that browsing the web drops percentages so frequently. Granted it takes some power to load the pages but sitting the reading with the page fully loaded it even dropped 1% every 3-5 minutes. Anyone try to check the battery consumption with a non JB phone?

Quote Originally Posted by megajuliani View Post
    Anyone try to check the battery consumption with a non JB phone?
    This is what I've been wanting to find out also

FWIW On the battery:

Via Apple - iPhone 4 - Size, weight, battery life, and other specs :

Talk time:
    Up to 7 hours on 3G
    Up to 14 hours on 2G
    Standby time: Up to 300 hours

Internet use:
    Up to 6 hours on 3G
    Up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi

Video playback: Up to 10 hours
    Audio playback: Up to 40 hours

I am thinking that one of the biggest culprits during usage is your screen backlight, even at pretty low brightness. And of course there's page rendering which is happening real often as you navigate a page... blah.

What's a good guess on battery life while using the phone for web and email? I am thinking 7-10 hours of usage on a charge would be quite good, depending on how many things you have on (notifications, wifi, location, 3g, etc.).

with 7 hours of battery life during usage, you should see your battery drop about 1% every 4.2 minutes--call it every 4-5 minutes. If you're going to get 10 hours, should be more like every 6 minutes. I think every 3 minutes is bad but not an incredible loss vs. normal if you have a lot going on with your phone, especially 'cool' stuff installed with the JB.

That's just my reasoning above, not the gospel truth--YMMV!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shadowfax For This Useful Post:

PWNsyst3m (2010-08-13), x999x (2010-08-12)

All bugs was been Fixed ! jsut update Ultraasnov via Cydia .

My Stas are :

68 Min using (2g Internet and 2g Calling)
    7 Hours Standby

Battery : 89%
    Standby overnight was all time 100%

Here is my update:

@430am 100% full charge
    @830am 99% after standby 4 hours
    @930am 97% after checking email and using twitter for about 10 minutes
    @1010am 89% after streaming ESPN radio in my car for 40 minutes, using Edge/#G
    @1200pm 84% after sending 2 video MMS messages and checking email/twitter
    @200pm 83% after being on standby for 2 hours
    @500pm 68% after texting/email/twitter off and on last 3 hours.

Seems like 15% over 3 hours of using it about half the time to text and check email and browse is kinda excessive.

It lists my usage as 2 hours 15 minutes and my standby as 11 hours 50 min

How does this sound?

I had no problem with the standby but the usage drain is really fast i play games for 30 min lose 10% battery i don't think the normal battery will drain that fast.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well ... since my last post ... i have INSTALLED SBSettings ... and downgraded the Mobil substrate down to 3226 .. and TURN OFF 3G unrestrictor from sbsettings .. i charged phone up to 74% .. its been 30 min .. and i have browsed email .. texted .. and battery is still at 74%!! i think i have found the root of the battery drain!! HOWEVER .. after updating to the newest ultrasnow last night .. that also made the battery drain go away .. until i came back into toronto from buffalo and it started draining again ... last night i didn't have sbsettings installed and had 3g unrestrictor ON .. so this is all VERY confusing ......

So do you mean if i downgrade my MS to 3226 will fix the usage battery drain.

I updated ultrasnow and have 3228 MS and my battery is a hell of a lot better. 11 hours standby lost 1%.

I think it's something else because I got rid of the drain issue, then updated back to 3228 and still am good. I don't have absettings reinstalled yet because I'm still testing, again I don't have unlock installed, I do have my3g, mywi. I uninstalled signal as well. Push email off, manual fetch. I've been using phone on and off from 9-6:30, 2 quick calls, 30 mins gaming, 20 mins reading, texting, etc. 81% battery right now. Usage stats got blown away by me updating in cydia.

I updated ultrasnow and have 3228 MS and my battery is a hell of a lot better. 11 hours standby lost 1%.
    Yea thats what i got too, but i m having a usage drain, when i use the phone for wifi or game the battery drain 1% every 3-5min, that shouldn't be right for a normal iphone battery.

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast