Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery DRAIN!! After Jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by nednarm View Post
    That seems pretty good. I'm getting 1% drain every 3 minutes. I've restored to stock to just double check the battery isn't flawed.
    Wow i want that i'm also getting 1% loss every 3-4 min, what did he do to get 10% usage each hour?

To anyone without an unlock and worried about battery, uninstall all of these that you have installed, completely fixed my problem;

Winterboard

3Gunrestricter
    MyWi
    SBsettings/SBtoggle
    Signal
    Springflash (turns on unexpectedly, non avoidable)

I get 10-12% an hour of use. Works great.

All I run from cydia is five icon dock. Lol

I think I'm going to install winterboard. I'm ready for some themeage. I'll post battery results later from winterboard and five icon dock installed only.

Upgrading ultrasn0w seems to have fixed the issue for me.

me too. last version of ultrasnow 1.1.1 have fixed the drain battery problem, now all night standby and lost just 1% battery, now i will test usage if it drain..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i updated Signal last night. charged my iphone to 100%. after waking up 8-9 hours later battery was still at 100%. updating Signal fixed it for me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ufcsean's Avatar
    Thanks

went to bed with 89% woke up with 77%. AFTER updating to 1.1.1

Default Jailbreak on Iphone 4 IS the problem
    I'm concerned by the problem since a week.
    Got Iphone 4, factory simlocked, no unlock (ultrasn0w) needed or installed, and i ran a few tests with 100% battery and only jailbroke (cydia installed, and nothing else)

Battery still draining....
    I monitored the energy usage with Xcode on mac os x after JB for one night : its says that wifi never turns off, even if it is turned of from the settings panel.

2 options : it's a bug from xcode (it can happen), or it's a bug of the jailbreak process (which can explain the draining).

Anyone else ?

Major, major improvement for me with the updated ultrasnow.

It took exactly 12 min usage and 9 hours 23 min standby to go from 100% to 99%. (have wifi, 3g and data on).
    Before I would lose 5% per hour on standby with everything off, even on airplane mode.

I also upgraded to the new MS.

Rebooted the phone but did not restore anything.

Now need to check on usage drain an reconfirm my standby results

@allanes5 : could you specify what kind of terminal / os do you have ? is it unlocked Y/N ? factory unocked Y/N ? what is your operator and where are you located ?

I'm hopeful that the above will be helpful...

Rebooted before and after my current drain, re-calibrated all night. Wifi and push are on.

Does anyone have anything conclusive about push on or off w/ ultrasn0w?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

here are my stats from yesterday:

iPhone 4 JB AT&T locked
    MS 3228
    five icon dock
    mywi
    3G unrestrictor (facetime, app store, itunes, youtube)
    infinifolders
    cydelete
    open ssh
    pdf loader warning

wifi on
    3g on
    push mail on
    fetch mail manual

used 50% of the battery

usage - 2hr, 31 min
    standby - 11hr, 17 min
    0 call time

looks to be on par with what everyone else is having.

Quote Originally Posted by gforel View Post
    @allanes5 : could you specify what kind of terminal / os do you have ? is it unlocked Y/N ? factory unocked Y/N ? what is your operator and where are you located ?
    Ip4 4.0.1

Jailbroken via jailbreakme

Unlocked using ultrasnow (not factory unlocked)

Carrier: Movistar

Update: 15 minutes Usage, 11 hours standby and still at 99%

Just as I finished rechecking the stats, usage changed to 11 hours 1 minute and dropped to 98%

These results are great!!!!

So has anyone bothered to go back to stock and find out what the average battery consumption rate is when the iphone is in use?

Although 1% every 3-4 minutes sounds like a lot, I haven't started using the percent display until I began noticing the extreme drain with mobilesubstrate 3228. So, ultimately, I don't know what stock usage times are in number values. By only going off the battery visual, it appears I'm getting the same performance as I was when I was stock.

Anyone got some real numbers?

I'm getting excellent standby battery life but feel the usage draining is more than it should be.

I got 11 hours on standby with only 1% drop.

Got 3% drop on about 25 minutes of usage.

Quote Originally Posted by x999x View Post
    So has anyone bothered to go back to stock and find out what the average battery consumption rate is when the iphone is in use?

Although 1% every 3-4 minutes sounds like a lot, I haven't started using the percent display until I began noticing the extreme drain with mobilesubstrate 3228. So, ultimately, I don't know what stock usage times are in number values. By only going off the battery visual, it appears I'm getting the same performance as I was when I was stock.

Anyone got some real numbers?
    When the battery and everything is working correctly you should be able to leave your phone in standby for at least two hours with zero percentage drain. I have verified this a few times now.

I reinstalled Mobile substrate 3228 last night, still haven't reinstalled signal or the unlock and my battery is still ok and not draining. I do have push turned off still though but I did turn location services back on as well. It would seem to me that is was signal or the unlock. I'm also running infinifolders, My3g and Mywi.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tekwiz For This Useful Post:

x999x (2010-08-12)

Quote Originally Posted by tekwiz View Post
    When the battery and everything is working correctly you should be able to leave your phone in standby for at least two hours with zero percentage drain. I have verified this a few times now.

I reinstalled Mobile substrate 3228 last night, still haven't reinstalled signal or the unlock and my battery is still ok and not draining. I do have push turned off still though but I did turn location services back on as well. It would seem to me that is was signal or the unlock. I'm also running infinifolders, My3g and Mywi.
    Standy isn't my problem anymore, that performance has been back to normal after downgrading my MS to 3226.

I'm just curious to know what stock battery consumption is for doing something like posting here over wifi or 3g on the iphone. Doing the same right now for me drains about 1% every 3 or 4 minutes, which sounds a little excessive. Without those percent values displayed, however, the battery consumption doesn't look all that bad by going off the battery gauge image, so I'm confused if this type of drainage during use is normal because I've never used the percent value display until after the JB.

+1 to everything above.

To convolute things further, it seems like a lot of us are comparing 3GS battery life (unlocked, jailbreak) with the 4. There's obviously no comparison since the 4 has a larger battery and is a more efficient (newer) device.

It's very safe to say that running wifi, push, gaming, streaming music and Bluetooth consistently will result in a drained battery within a few hours. There can't be a dispute on that, it's pretty taxing just to think about all those processes.

The big question is whether one of those processes is being artificially inflated by the jailbreak, unlock or other third-party intervention.

Are these decent numbers ?

Usage 3 hours 5 minutes (mostly spent reading every post in this thread)
    Standby 4 hours 59 minutes

Started at 100% down to 57% I'm JB no unlock since I'm on AT&T I have my3g bitesms and some app store apps. Everything is on 3G, wifi although I'm not connected, push and email checks every hour.

Quote Originally Posted by megajuliani View Post
    Are these decent numbers ?

Usage 3 hours 5 minutes (mostly spent reading every post in this thread)
    Standby 4 hours 59 minutes

Started at 100% down to 57% I'm JB no unlock since I'm on AT&T I have my3g bitesms and some app store apps. Everything is on 3G, wifi although I'm not connected, push and email checks every hour.
    Your batery consumption seems on the high side to me.

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast