Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery DRAIN!! After Jailbreak.

So it's just looking like the "real" culprit is wifi. Everyone knows what a hog wifi is in general, but I'm starting to believe that there's an actual issue with some part of the standby switch-off. Wifi feels like the culprit.

An hour of talk time and an hour of Angry Birds and I've drained my sucker.

I think the update fixed the standby battery drain but didn't fix the use drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kama1314 View Post
    I think the update fixed the standby battery drain but didn't fix the use drain.
    whit the standby drain, i didnt notice the usage drain, since already in standby it was draining so much

Quote Originally Posted by Kama1314 View Post
    Well put.

hey guys when i use my iphone 4, (4.0.1) jailbroken, i've never used ultrasnow, but i still get drained (mostly while using iphone, it loses 1% every 3 min), so i was going to ask what if i just unlock my phone with the new ultrasnow fix will this work?
    Last edited by bhavint21; 2010-08-12 at 05:09 AM.

to the ones that have standby drain try to install the updated ultrasn0w maybe this could kill the drain, maybe you dont need it but could solve the prob
    strange how some have the drain even whitout the JB, others whitout Unlock...

Quote Originally Posted by CometMan View Post
    to the ones that have standby drain try to install the updated ultrasn0w maybe this could kill the drain, maybe you dont need it but could solve the prob
    strange how some have the drain even whitout the JB, others whitout Unlock...
    yah i'm just thinking of unlocking it with the fix, even though i'm using att

Just an FYI on my situation

iPhone4 IOS 4.0.1 Jailbroken

fully charged, went to bed, lost ~30% over 7 hours in standby.

Was losing about 5% per hour afterwards

I uninstalled Signal, sbstoggles, and SBSsettings.

Rebooted and started testing at 85%

after playing on phone (internet) using WiFi for 30 minutes lost ~3%.

I put it in standby for 2 hours and lost only 1%.

I then played Osmos for about an hour 15 minutes and lost about 25% of battery, but I think that's normal.

I'm doing a full charge before I go to bed and see what I have after 7 hours of standby. Will update tomorrow.

I haven't turned off push, wifi, or anything else.

After I installed the ultrasn0w, I drained the battery, which included a couple hours of talk time, a couple hours of streaming radio (EDGE and wifi) and about an hour of gaming. That actually doesn't sound too bad, but I let it drain all the way and now I'll recharge it back to 100% overnight for a real test tomorrow.

ok.. sorry.. i lied... sigh.. right after i posted it.. battery drained 3% within an hour.. i was so optimistic but now.. =(

any word on the ultrasn0w fix?

Update from me from the night: standby @ 8.5h gave me 3% drainage with push off, everything else except BT on, newest MS, Sbsettings and so on installed! So I found my culprit somewhat. Have to dig deeper and see if BiteSMS is causing it..

What about those who have major battery drain but don't use sn0w. I just got off a full charge and after 6 minutes usage and 15 minutes standby I'm down to 98%!

My battery drain is over. I removed Signal. This solved the problem.

Instead of losing 20% overnight I only lost 3% this night. Now I'm at 82% with 2h of usage and 13h standby.

yah i don't use snow either but i was wondering if it helps people who don't use it either to fix drain

Well, most of people fixed standby drain. 8hours of sleep lost about 3%. Now I'm curious what about use drain? As I'm typing this wifi and opera running, iphone is loosing 1% in 3,4 minutes. And this is only light use. Can someone post their times about loosing in usage?

I get about an hour of usage every 10%. So I get somewhere around 9 to 10 hours of usage and on stand by I can go to sleep and wake up on the same percentage about 6 hours later.

i have the same issue when i'm using the phone normally. Mobilesubstrate 3226 fixed the standby drain (and turning off push mail, i think)
    I've been testing on wifi, 3g or edge...and it's always the same: 1% less in max. 4,5 min...

Quote Originally Posted by sipe1 View Post
    Well, most of people fixed standby drain. 8hours of sleep lost about 3%. Now I'm curious what about use drain? As I'm typing this wifi and opera running, iphone is loosing 1% in 3,4 minutes. And this is only light use. Can someone post their times about loosing in usage?
    i'm having the same problem, i'm less worried about standby now cause i think mine got better, but the light usage i do, it loses 1% every 3-4 minutes

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bhavint21 For This Useful Post:

sipe1 (2010-08-13)

Quote Originally Posted by PWNsyst3m View Post
    I get about an hour of usage every 10%. So I get somewhere around 9 to 10 hours of usage and on stand by I can go to sleep and wake up on the same percentage about 6 hours later.
    That seems pretty good. I'm getting 1% drain every 3 minutes. I've restored to stock to just double check the battery isn't flawed.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nednarm For This Useful Post:

appsinth (2010-08-12), sipe1 (2010-08-13)

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast