Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery DRAIN!! After Jailbreak.

No good for people that have factory unlocked phones and experiencing battery drain

Your prayers have been answered look at the front page, ultrasnow update brings improved battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Your prayers have been answered look at the front page, ultrasnow update brings improved battery life.
    No prayers have been answered for those with jailbroken factory unlocked ip4's, the problem remains

Quote Originally Posted by sophos9 View Post
    No prayers have been answered for those with jailbroken factory unlocked ip4's, the problem remains
    So true, I tried going to MS version 3226 and it hasn't improved battery life at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nednarm View Post
    So true, I tried going to MS version 3226 and it hasn't improved battery life at all.
    I can confirm that after jailbreaking - WiFi remains connected when the iPhone goes into standby, thats not going to help

Restore back to official firmware - WiFi turns off at standby

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Anyone try the new ultrasnow update? Also updating the ultrasnow to the newest version will also upgrade the mobilesubstrate back to 3228. Can anyone confirm if ultrasnow updates fixes battery issue?

Quote Originally Posted by therockk View Post
    Anyone try the new ultrasnow update? Also updating the ultrasnow to the newest version will also upgrade the mobilesubstrate back to 3228. Can anyone confirm if ultrasnow updates fixes battery issue?
    take it easy, people will post results in the next hours, still early to tell

Just updated Signal and got the new (old) mobilesubstrate... now going to test wireless function at standby and system drag

Hmmm.... really interesting. After installing signal & mobilesubstrate, I cannot replicate wireless remaining on at standby

Also, unsure why, but springboard is not polling CPU cycles as much as previous

These 2 things along will help battery life

Spoke too soon, worked for 5 minutes then whilst in standby, was able to wake wireless up

But, why does wireless drop every ninth ICMP packet?
    Last edited by sophos9; 2010-08-11 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Uninstalling "Signal" resolved the battery drain issues for me.

MS 3228
    JB 4.0.1
    Activator,Backgrounder,HapticPro,MyWi4.0,Rock,Noti fier

I had no battery drain issues until I installed Signal. Then I immediately started getting thequick drain issues reported here and 30%+ drop over night even while in Airplane mode, even when task manager showed Signal was not running, even after multiple power off/ons, reboots.

Uninstalled Signal, rebooted and the issue immediately went away.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well i upgraded the ultrasnow to the newest version. Along with mobilesubstrate 3228 over 2 hours ago. My phone has been on standby at 46% for the last hour! Seems like problem solved:-D

Quote Originally Posted by sophos9 View Post
    Just updated Signal and got the new (old) mobilesubstrate... now going to test wireless function at standby and system drag

Hmmm.... really interesting. After installing signal & mobilesubstrate, I cannot replicate wireless remaining on at standby

Also, unsure why, but springboard is not polling CPU cycles as much as previous

These 2 things along will help battery life

Spoke too soon, worked for 5 minutes then whilst in standby, was able to wake wireless up

But, why does wireless drop every ninth ICMP packet?
    I have been going on about this problem since page 4 or 5 I think.

And I know what is causing WiFi to stay on my iP4. Gmail setup as an exchange account with push enabled.
    On 3G Push Gmail works flawlessly, but on WiFi for somereason I dont get the new mails and it keeps WiFi on and drains the batt like a mofo.

I have restored to factory and re-JB around 8 times now and everytime the same issue. I seem to be the only person replicating this.

My temp fix is that when I get home and switch from 3G to WiFi is to turn push email off and WiFi no longer stays on on standby.

Quote Originally Posted by runr3ason View Post
    Uninstalling "Signal" resolved the battery drain issues for me.

MS 3228
    JB 4.0.1
    Activator,Backgrounder,HapticPro,MyWi4.0,Rock,Noti fier

I had no battery drain issues until I installed Signal. Then I immediately started getting thequick drain issues reported here and 30%+ drop over night even while in Airplane mode, even when task manager showed Signal was not running, even after multiple power off/ons, reboots.

Uninstalled Signal, rebooted and the issue immediately went away.
    too bad i dont have signal installed...if was that simple for me...

still testing the unlock update

Wifi on, pushing Gmail (via Exchange) and about 20 minutes of iPod playback (screen off) has seen a 10% drop in two hours. Not looking good for me.

If this has posted 2x...Sorry!

I have removed Ultrasn0w from my phone, by going into cydia, packages and uninstall. Roght away the battery went from 96%-98%. After being on standby for about 12 hours with light usage, bluetooth and data, battery is 91%
    problem fixed!
    Waiting for reviews on the updated ultrasn0w before I unlock again!

I had drainage as well, but I think Ive come to the conclusion that turning "push" totally off helps ALOT! Before my battery came down about 10% / 2-3h while in standby, now its not been going down even 1% during 1h. Will update if something changes but it would be nice if someone else with drainage could try this. Im wondering if biteSMS somehow is fkin with the push-function...? Seems like a wildcard but...

Quote Originally Posted by kidblue View Post
    Wifi on, pushing Gmail (via Exchange) and about 20 minutes of iPod playback (screen off) has seen a 10% drop in two hours. Not looking good for me.
    Look at my post above, turn push mail off whilst on wifi (and gmail push) and you will see the drain gone.

I cant even connect to my wifi anymore. Its not the router because Im on my laptop right now. Anyone else getting this?

Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    I cant even connect to my wifi anymore. Its not the router because Im on my laptop right now. Anyone else getting this?
    restart phone and or router

Quote Originally Posted by PSI70Y View Post
    restart phone and or router
    Did both. I notice my iPhone is on wifi when I first wake it up but the drops the wifi and I can't get it to connect. And like I said my laptop is running off the wifi just fine.

2h50min standby light usage 1 call, turned from 100% to 99% almost 3 hours later

yes!!! i think the update cured my iphone looking good now!!!

will continue testing

way better than the 5% per hour

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast