Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery DRAIN!! After Jailbreak.

WTF...i deleted MS and used my phone havy, but with 'normal' apps like facebook, Safari...and other apps that require internet connection.
    With and without MS it took me about 4.5 min to loose 1% battery!

I rebooted the phone and left the screen on, it finally went down 1%. So, the changes I made to get the battery life back, besides uninstalling UltraSn0w, Sbsettings, and Signal, were to disable push and also to turn location services off entirely...maybe a rogue app is updating in background, I'm not sure, but battery is normal again it seems.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asnman View Post
    I've been following this thread and I thought I would post my results for people to give them some idea as well.
    your #s are about average with what all of us are seeing on our own phones.

im going to backup then completely restore/update to 4.0.1 and run a couple tests and see what i get. now i just need the time to do it should be this week tho.

I drained it to 0, then charged to 100. My iPhone had wifi, 3g, bluetooth, ssh, edge, notifications turned off for 11 hours and still at 100%. Now i have to test it with it on

For those of you who have just started posting your stats, please let us know what mobilesubstrate version you are using, and if you are just jailbroken, and unlocked with ultrasnow.

Thanks

Hey guys. I did a restore and fresh JB using 4.0.1 on iPhone 4. Haven't installed mobilesubstrate or anything yet since re-JB, but I do have Cydia and phone is jailbroken -- battery is the same as before jailbreak.

I keep reading that 3228 is causing battery drain moreso than 3226. I tend to think this too, it was a major battery hog after installing the latest mobilesubstrate. Ultrasn0w might not help either it seems but planetbeing seems to think otherwise unless he's in complete denial (but he seems cool and not arrogant unless he's unaware of the issue and it's something he did to his phone first before installing it that we have overlooked)

evnhvn Repository - MyRepoSpace.com

I just created a repo and uploaded 0.9.3226-1 to it.

Can you guys try downloading/installing that from my repo and see if that works instead of iFile/OpenSSH methods which require you to already have mobilesubstrate/overwrite it/then possibly respring and reboot while SSH'ing the phone?

Seems like it'd be easier to just install the version (which I got from saurik's server) by adding my repo on Cydia and downloading/installing it off there. Not sure if it will work or not, I can't see why it wouldn't though. I installed 3209 from a chinese repo and things acted wonky, but that might be 3209 or the chinese repo itself. This is just a file I got from saurik's server and put on my own repo...

Anyways, thanks. Only trying to help and make things easy
    Last edited by thadoggfather; 2010-08-10 at 07:09 PM.

after removing only bitesms,

my usage went from 1% every 3/4 minutes to my newest usage states of

20 minutes usage
    1 hour 30 min standby

only down to 98%

Any others test bitesms yet?

Ok so after doing a full charge to 100% last night, but only charging from 66-100 for about 2 hours my usage stats are as follows

Usage 1 Hour, 31 Minutes
    Standby 4 Hours, 35 Minutes
    Battery at 72%

Apps I have enabled via mobilesubstrate (which strangely was updated to .3228 from .3209 last night somehow)
    activator
    backgrounder
    cydelete
    displaystack
    downloader
    iconsupport
    infinifolders
    intellistatusiconviewer
    libweather
    lockinfo
    lockinfomail
    lockinfophone
    preferenceloader
    springflash
    unrestrictor3g-daemon
    unresrictor3g
    winterboard
    yourtube
    enabledebugtty (off, only off)
    irealsms_dylib
    intelliscreen
    libhide
    libstatusbar
    mcclient
    mchelper
    mcserver

I had uninstalled signal post enabledebugtty being disabled.

My current usage stats for the day are:
    I dont know because my damn phone shows those stupid *** lines already.

Ok, here are my stats for a full 24 hours between charges:

Usage: 3 Hours
    Standby 1day
    Total Battery Consumption: 53%

I didn't start at 100%, I started at 86% when I downgraded my mobilesubstrate to 3226, and its currently sitting at 33%. Needless to say, I was not getting this type of performance from 3228. I think I'm done testing, now I'm just interested to know how much power a non-jb'd iphone consumes per min, as I'm getting about 1% per 3-5 minutes depending on what I'm doing, surfing/gaming.

i4 specs:
    4.0.1 JB only
    MS 3226

Installed:
    MyWi
    My3G
    Rock
    Cydia
    iNes
    iSnes
    5 Icon Dock

does anyone have an issue where over time their standby and usage stats in Settings-->General-->Usage disappear during the course of the day?

mine shows real stats after a full charge...then mysteriously reverts to "-" "-" for both stats.

anyone know how to fix that?

edit: also, how are you guys downgrading your mobile substrate package?

edit 2: found the answer to Edit 1: http://apt.saurik.com/cydia/debs/
    Last edited by adrian1480; 2010-08-10 at 08:02 PM.

Default WiFi IPv6 causing battery drain?
    using the iPhone Configuration Utility to read the console log, i've noticed thousands of entries related to wifi, possibly IPv6, that look like this in the console log:

Code:
    Tue Aug 10 09:51:37 iPhone3GS configd[15] <Info>: .054 (+0.034) SCDynamicStore "network" notification
    	State:/Network/Interface/en0/IPv6 : <dictionary> {
    	  Addresses : <array> {
    	    0 : fe80::228:8ff:feb1:ffde
    	    1 : 2012:46b3:1c64::228:8ff:feb1:ffde
    	  }
    	  Flags : <array> {
    	    0 : 0
    	    1 : 32834
    	  }
    	  PrefixLength : <array> {
    	    0 : 64
    	    1 : 64
    	  }
    	}

Tue Aug 10 09:51:38 iPhone3GS configd[15] <Info>: .054 (+0.999) SCDynamicStore "network" notification
    	State:/Network/Interface/en0/IPv6 : <dictionary> {
    	  Addresses : <array> {
    	    0 : fe80::228:8ff:feb1:ffde
    	    1 : 2012:46b3:1c64::228:8ff:feb1:ffde
    	  }
    	  Flags : <array> {
    	    0 : 0
    	    1 : 32832
    	  }
    	  PrefixLength : <array> {
    	    0 : 64
    	    1 : 64
    	  }
    	}
    every few minutes, similar entries appear. unfortunately, iOS 4.0.1 has no setting for IPv6, so i can't disable it to see if that is what's causing the abnormal battery drain during use.

this is on a 3GS with iOS 4.0.1 jb'd and unlocked with ultrasn0w (tmobile usa). on standby, it loses about 1% every two hours (same as OS 3.1.2). if i slide-to-unlock (show the springboard) and connect to my wifi router, it drops 5-6% an hour as it just sits there with the screen on (no apps open).

i"m also having battery drain on iphone 4 unlock version 4.0. I'm losing 20-25% battery loss about in 6 hours of standby with everything off. Just remove sbsetting and activator, now waiting to see if it still suffer. Keeping ultrasnow because i needed, and to see if that is the problem. But i update my girlfriend 3gs to 4.0 and use ultrasnow to unlock it and the battery life is great. Now 6 hour of standby, she loss 2 percent, whereas i lost 22 percent. and we have the exactly same thing installed, SBsetting, activator, libhide (off) and ultrasnow (on). Ill post back with update, when i only have ultrasnow install.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    does anyone have an issue where over time their standby and usage stats in Settings-->General-->Usage disappear during the course of the day?

mine shows real stats after a full charge...then mysteriously reverts to "-" "-" for both stats.

anyone know how to fix that?

edit: also, how are you guys downgrading your mobile substrate package?

edit 2: found the answer to Edit 1: Index of /cydia/debs/
    Hey i seem to have this same problem, for both usage and standby, nothing is there, idk why

For those of you wondering the way that your usage stats disappear and are replaced with - is because your phone has been resprung or rebooted (not always by being rebooted).

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

im getting pretty sick of these battery antics!

Getting my iphone 4 tomorrow hope i don't have the same problem.
    No signature spam...only warning

iPhone 4, iOS 4.01
    Mobile Substrate 3226
    No Backgrounder
    Nothing running in dashboard
    WiFi off
    Bluetooth off
    No mail

05:45 100%
    07:00 97% (standby)
    08:12 94% (2 mins Facebook, 50 mins of music)
    09:44 91% (standby)
    10:10 91% (standby) Facebook msg arrived
    10:28 91% (standby) LockInfo shows facebook msg
    10:57 91% (standby) LockInfo shows facebook msg
    11:39 91% (standby) LockInfo shows facebook msg
    12:03 90% (standby) LockInfo shows facebook msg
    12:57 87% (surfed the web for 5 minutes, checked Facebook twice,
    read in my RSS reader and checked my position via Google maps)
    13:43 87% (standby)
    14:28 86% (standby)
    15:17 86% (standby) snapped a picture, uploaded to dropbox
    20:38 80% (checked mail, facebook and downloaded a few small apps)
    21:09 79% (standby)

Status so far:
    Usage: 1 hour, 50 minutes (the 45 minutes being music)
    Standby: 15 hours, 34 minutes

Not too shabby, I think. Sure, I haven't used it that much, but with almost 80% left, there should be some hours of usage. An improvement for me, at least.

what do you guys think about:

11 min use, 1 hr 51 min standby - 2% drop thus far.

so about a percent an hour.

This is with MS .3226 and signal uninstalled with enabledebugtty disabled in sbsettings.

These usage statistics are far worse than pre-JB when I would get 3 hours of standby to 1% of battery loss (apple said 300 hours of standby).

Planetbeing just wrote a few tweets about signal app.
    planetbeing (planetbeing) on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nednarm View Post
    Planetbeing just wrote a few tweets about signal app.
    planetbeing (planetbeing) on Twitter
    He also tweeted about looking for a fix in the unlock YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast