Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery DRAIN!! After Jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by neodude237 View Post
    I think most people DO have mobilesubstrate and don't know it. Isn't it installed by default with most extensions?
    I'm fairly sure I don't have it installed. When I searched for it in cydia it showed up as uninstalled. As i said I had no extensions installed.

Default Update
    So the Signal App was the primary culprit for me. As I stated earlier in the thread somewhere, when Signal was installed, I was losing between 18-30% on standby overnight (approx 8 hours). Without it, I've lost 0-1% when starting at 100% over 8 hours. After another day of testing, and seeing that people are still having problems without signal or the unlock installed, here are some other observations:

= At less than 100%, I seem to be losing about 1% every 2-4 hours depending on where the battery meter is at...but that seems acceptable. I was driving around atlot today in areas that had no 3G and into areas that had 3G...so the baseband was moving in and out of towers pretty darn often. But overall, the standby situation is where it should be for me...and that's with the Signal app uninstalled (which is probably related to the enablettydebug MS extension -- I haven't gotten around to just testing Signal with that extension disabled).

= The apps I have installed via Cydia:
    afc2add
    AppSync 4
    Five Icon Dock
    Mobile Substrate is at the latest version
    NOTHING ELSE [I miss having sbsettings, but I haven't
    attempted to install it yet]

= Battery drain during use seems to be faster than prior to jailbreak -- but it doesn't seem to be bad...while just surfing around in Safari over 15 minutes, I lose about 1-3% (really depends on how often I'm loading pages, etc. -- brightness at slightly below 50% with auto dim - in the darkness of a car ride at night). It may have been the same before jailbreak, but I've been so hung up about the battery issue, I just may be imaging things by now. Paranoia is a strong reality distortion field.

= I started this morning at 7:30AM and it's now 12:15AM...battery is at 11% with moderate to slightly heavy use (GPS was used for a good 30-40 minutes, 15-20 minutes of gaming, 30-40 minutes of random surfing here and there, some camera use, iFile for 20 minutes, 1 mobileme account pushing, 3 google email accounts with manual fetch, mBox hotmail client pusing email, location services on for most apps, twittered for 10 minutes, ran about 10 speedtests while driving along I-80 in California, Jaadu VNC'd into my work computer for about 15 minutes, used the ipod player for about 10 minutes for music...and I think that's about everything..oh and about 3 phone calls totaling about 15 minutes of talk time)...so I guess that's okay. My normal day, which today was not, usually consists of light to moderate use..and that'll happen tomorrow. With that kind of use, prior to jailbreak, I was at around 70-75% at the end of day. If I hit 60-65% with light to moderate use at the end of the day, I'll stop obessessing...otherwise, I'll be back on this thread...
    Last edited by axlahn; 2010-08-10 at 09:26 AM.

continuing my last post
    at 19:00 70% at this time i have installed SB Settings ( have seen the mobilesubstrate with Activator, Battery Control, Displaystack, FiveIcondock, Libweather, lockinfo, lockinfomail, lockinfophone, preference loader, spring flash, winterboard, libhide, libstatusbar, pdf exploit warner)
    19:15 70% turn off wifi
    19:22 70% standby
    19:26 70% turn on wifi
    19:51 69% standby
    23:31 69% turn off wifi
    today morning on
    08:48 68%

in my case SBSettings dont cause drain battery, the program that make huge drain battery is definitly Ultrasnow..:-(
    hop dev team make new version soon...

Quote Originally Posted by filipegt500 View Post
    19:51 69% standby
    23:31 69% turn off wifi
    today morning on
    08:48 68%

in my case SBSettings dont cause drain battery, the program that make huge drain battery is definitly Ultrasnow..:-(
    hop dev team make new version soon...
    Holy ****, 1% drop in 13 hours? Mine drops 1% every half hour on standby, nothing but 3G is turned on :-(

I don't have ultrasnow or MyWi installed.

that was without ultrasnow and standby with everything off, when i have ultrasnow installed it dropped during one night in standby 16%... but i realy need ultrasnow to use the iphone..

I'm fed up with this mysterious battery drain. I'm going back to stock for a while

New update from me. Went to sleep with wifi on idle and facebook on. Lost only 2% in 8 hours I cansay that I'm fixed.

Lost usage time because reboot but i can say about 3hours usage 20standby and 58%.

When using still dropibg % every 5 minutes of use but now it is much better.

For my 3gs solution is downgrade MS
    Last edited by sipe1; 2010-08-10 at 11:38 AM.

Still losing a good deal with 3209 and 3228 + ultrasn0w. When I uninstall ultrasn0w, it for some reason still drains if using 3226, but it doesn't when on 3228. This is when I uninstalled both ultrasn0w and MobileSubstrate, then reinstall ultrasn0w which installs MS, then uninstall US

i restored to new phone and before I JB I removed all mail accounts and reset all settings (not contents and settings) JB and have so had pretty decent battery life. I haven't installed any Cydia apps yet, but the main problem where my WiFi would drain my batt appears to have gone.

Will install Cydia apps carefully and report back

Around 4hrs 10 mins use time and 20 hrs standby and still have around 40% batt left

I dont have a standby issue. Go to sleep and usually only lose about 3/4% all night.

I do however notice a great deal of battery drain while using. At one point it was 1% every 3 minutes of light use.

Last night I removed bitesms as it was the last app I installed before noticing a decrease in battery life. It has actually been better since.

Anyone else able to test this?

Quote Originally Posted by PSI70Y View Post
    i restored to new phone and before I JB I removed all mail accounts and reset all settings (not contents and settings) JB and have so had pretty decent battery life. I haven't installed any Cydia apps yet, but the main problem where my WiFi would drain my batt appears to have gone.

Will install Cydia apps carefully and report back

Around 4hrs 10 mins use time and 20 hrs standby and still have around 40% batt left
    I spoke to soon, battery started chewing through again on WiFi. For some reason my Gmail account (setup as Ms Exchange) works flawlessly on 3G, but as soon as its on the WiFi, it burns through the batt. Set push to off and it stops chewing the battery

Here are my stats for the day so far:

Mobile Substrate 3226
    No Backgrounder
    Nothing running in dashboard
    WiFi off
    Bluetooth off
    No mail

And the log (time, percentage, activity since last entry)

05:45 100%
    07:00 97% (standby)
    08:12 94% (2 mins Facebook, 50 mins of music)
    09:44 91% (standby)
    10:10 91% (standby) Facebook msg arrived
    10:28 91% (standby) LockInfo shows facebook msg
    10:57 91% (standby)
    11:39 91% (standby)
    12:03 90% (standby)
    12:57 87% (surfed the web for 5 minutes, checked Facebook twice,
    read in my RSS reader and checked my position via Google maps)
    13:43 87% (standby)

So 13% decrease with very light use in 8 hours isn't SO bad I suppose. But I haven't used it much at work, maybe the afternoon will show a different behaviour.

My battery life seems to get back to more/less normal.
    I removed everything mobile substrate and sbsettings related (even sbsettingd daemon)
    Then I installed Mobile Subtrate 3228 by itself alone first.
    After I added SBsettings and the rest of addons ... No problems so far - drained only about 3% in more than 7 hours of standby with everything on.

Did anyone suspect Skype??? I was looking at process presence and did not matter how I tried to kill Skype via Sbsettings it did not dissappear. Perhaps the issue with Skype and how it works with Mobile Subtrate?

Check if you have skype running and keep an eye on it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not unlocked (I use ATT) and I never use skype either. But I lose 1% every 3-4 minutes just having my phone sitting idle at the home screen. I guess I don't have the issue with a lot of drain while in standby.

What's the average consumption rate on a stock phone?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

when my friend did the test yesterday (he's not JB) he got 17min 45sec for battery to drop 1%.

Quote Originally Posted by kadinh View Post
    when my friend did the test yesterday (he's not JB) he got 17min 45sec for battery to drop 1%.
    Was this while they were using the phone? That's pretty good, down right amazing compared to my current stats, about 1% every 3-5 minutes of use.

Hi,
    did anyone look for the internet tethering in settings app?? there's always a progress going on when i look under 'network' and i can't stop it...

I've been following this thread and I thought I would post my results for people to give them some idea as well.

I charged my phone to 100 and left if over night, when I woke up it was at 99% this is using the sb settings battery display since default one seems to lie by giving it a higher number.

I had issues with it draining a lot too with and tried the disabling of enablettydebug. I also have libhide disabled since i dont use it and activator

I have the following addons in mobile substrate.
    Activator
    Backgrounder
    Cyntact
    Five Icon Dock
    IntellistatusIconsVi...
    MyWi
    PreferenceLoader
    Winterboard
    enablettydebug
    libstatusbar
    pdfexploitwarner
    rtshuffle

3g is on
    Push is on
    Bluetooth off
    Edge on
    brightness at about 30%
    Wifi off
    Location on for certain things like Maps and foursquare

Usage time of 16mins
    Standby of 8 hours and 22 minutes as of this post and my battery is 96%

I'm still trying to measure usage times so ill post back on that later.

Also my phone is not unlocked since I am on GayT&T.
    I also have my3g installed but I don't know if there is some mobilesubstrate for it since i dont see it.
    Last edited by asnman; 2010-08-10 at 05:03 PM.

OMFG, I've about had it with these issues. I reverted to MS 3226, disabled push entirely as well as location services. My batter has remained at 100% for over two hours, in fact, I think something is now PREVENTING it from going BELOW 100% as I've been running Speed test to try and get it to go below 100 and so far, no deal.

I also noticed that after I restored my 4.0 to 4.0.1, rejailbroke and re SSH'd in that even after the restore there was prior cydia **** still installed. I thought the full restore erased and brought it back to factory?!

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast