Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is Winterboard going to be updated for iPhone 4 compatibility?

Default is Winterboard going to be updated for iPhone 4 compatibility?
    Does anybody know, have any updates etc..

last time i checked, it was iPhone 4 compatible
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Winterboard itself is fine for iPhone 4, but most themes will need to be redone.

The file names have changed. A lot of us are working on figuring them out now

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've installed themes that are supposed to be for the iphone 4 but only bits and pieces work. The wallpaper that comes with the theme hardly ever comes up

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

WB is 100% compatible with the iPhone 4. The themes MUST be the correct resolution or they won't work though. There are only a handful of HD themes in Cydia at the moment but they all work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

One annoying thing is that with Winterboard installed the fonts for all the apps have no shadow on them anymore, just plain white. I know it isn't a big deal but my OCD kicks in everytime I look at the springboard now.

I do not believe Winterboard is 100% compatible with the retina display resolution of the iPhone.

First example, download the Apple Wallpapers theme by Toffifee. This just uses an html file for your lockscreen to change the lockscreen wallpaper to one of 30 pre-installed images (with filename 1-30) everytime you lock the phone. You can replace the images with whatever you want by browsing to the Library/Themes/RandomAppleWallpapers/Lockscreen directory and uploading the new files. I uploaded 640x960 wallpapers and it doesn't work, it displays them in 320x480 resolution on the lockscreen (so it looks like you have zoomed in on a portion of the file).

I thought the issue was that I needed to rename the files to have @2x in the file name ([email protected], [email protected]) so I tried that and it makes no difference. You can use @2x.png high res wallpapers if you select them with the wallpapers settings native to the phone, not using a Winterboard theme.

The second issue is that all the themes I've tried that supposedly hide the slide to unlick slider, do not work on iPhone4. I disabled all my other themes just to make sure there was not a conflict. These include iHideTheSlider and Invisible Unlock Sliders themes. Neither hides the slider.

Quote Originally Posted by velocity211 View Post
    One annoying thing is that with Winterboard installed the fonts for all the apps have no shadow on them anymore, just plain white. I know it isn't a big deal but my OCD kicks in everytime I look at the springboard now.
    lol I agree why does this happen? I don't even have to have a theme installed, with WB simply installed my Apps text loses shadow

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

All the HD sliders and Tap to Unlock for iPhone 4 sliders work great for me. Whoever made those themes either messed up of they are not designed for the iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    All the HD sliders and Tap to Unlock for iPhone 4 sliders work great for me. Whoever made those themes either messed up of they are not designed for the iPhone 4.
    I like the "tap to unlock" feature, but I dont like it for answering calls. Does it use "tap to answer" for incoming calls when installed?

p.s. can i find HD sliders compatible to iPhone 4 on cydia?

My locale is swedish, an WB seems broken/unaware of that. For example, tap to unlock for I4 works, but leaves the "slide to inlock message" in swedish showing beneath.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by consultant1027 View Post
    I do not believe Winterboard is 100% compatible with the retina display resolution of the iPhone.

First example, download the Apple Wallpapers theme by Toffifee. This just uses an html file for your lockscreen to change the lockscreen wallpaper to one of 30 pre-installed images (with filename 1-30) everytime you lock the phone. You can replace the images with whatever you want by browsing to the Library/Themes/RandomAppleWallpapers/Lockscreen directory and uploading the new files. I uploaded 640x960 wallpapers and it doesn't work, it displays them in 320x480 resolution on the lockscreen (so it looks like you have zoomed in on a portion of the file).

I thought the issue was that I needed to rename the files to have @2x in the file name ([email protected], [email protected]) so I tried that and it makes no difference. You can use @2x.png high res wallpapers if you select them with the wallpapers settings native to the phone, not using a Winterboard theme.

The second issue is that all the themes I've tried that supposedly hide the slide to unlick slider, do not work on iPhone4. I disabled all my other themes just to make sure there was not a conflict. These include iHideTheSlider and Invisible Unlock Sliders themes. Neither hides the slider.
    I'm using ClockScreen from Cydia. It's a Winterboard theme which runs some HTML on the springboard. I tried the same things you did, with exactly the same result. And the "user wallpaper" theme does not make my default wallpaper show up. Anyone got any ideas? I don't think there's any bit of the code in ClockScreen I could change to make it display @2x wallpapers correctly.