Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Finding Lockscreen+Reminder Solution - Apple Drops The Ball

Default Help Finding Lockscreen+Reminder Solution - Apple Drops The Ball
    One thing that has always perplexed me about the iPhone is that although Apple seems to be very adept and software design, it seems they really dropped the ball on what I consider two key features: the ability to see summary information of things like SMS/E-mail/Calendar items on the lock screen, and the ability to configure repeating alerts (reminders). If you're like me, you don't carry your phone with you all day. If you get an SMS or Voicemail and are away from your phone for an hour or two, you'll never know you got it!

I started using Intelliscreen which kills both birds with one stone. However now that I upgraded to the iPhone 4, I really want to eventually take advantage of the retina display and show off some nice wallpapers on my lockscreen. The problem is, the stupid HUGE clock and slide to unlock take up so much screen space.

So then I found Lockinfo which works PERFECT from a display standpoint, better than Intellisync as it has options to hide clock and unlock slider and install a clock/weather plug-in that is smaller than the standard clock. But there is one problem, THERE ISN'T A REPEATING ALERT (reminder) function/option in Lockinfo like there is in Intellisync.

Enter NOTIFIER by Spektro. Does what Intellisync does and better as you can control the reminders individually for each type of reminder. It does lack the ability to select a different tone for the reminder like Intellisync does but I can live with that.

But here's the problem. Notifier doesn't just play a sound and vibrate for the reminder, it displays one of those blue alert boxes on the lockscreen. The problem is, you can't clear that blue box easily and then access the underlying messages via the Lockinfo lockscreen display without first unlocking the phone, then relocking it. Ridiculous. If Notifier had the option to not display the pop-up (tone/vibrate only mode) that will fix it.

If anyone has any idea how to achieve what I'm aiming for, please chime in. Thanks much in advance.

Well it looks like the Lockinfo+Notifier combo WILL do what I want. Lockinfo has options to suppress the blue pop-ups on the lockscreen and/or allow to clear them with home button. The problem is Notifier isn't IOS 4 compatible as the audio alerts don't work.
    Last edited by consultant1027; 2010-08-06 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to consultant1027 For This Useful Post:

reaves205 (2010-08-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone reaves205's Avatar
    Thanks

Default clear popups x tapping home button ??
    Quote Originally Posted by consultant1027 View Post
    One thing that has always perplexed me about the iPhone is that although Apple seems to be very adept and software design, it seems they really dropped the ball on what I consider two key features: the ability to see summary information of things like SMS/E-mail/Calendar items on the lock screen, and the ability to configure repeating alerts (reminders). If you're like me, you don't carry your phone with you all day. If you get an SMS or Voicemail and are away from your phone for an hour or two, you'll never know you got it!

I started using Intelliscreen which kills both birds with one stone. However now that I upgraded to the iPhone 4, I really want to eventually take advantage of the retina display and show off some nice wallpapers on my lockscreen. The problem is, the stupid HUGE clock and slide to unlock take up so much screen space.

So then I found Lockinfo which works PERFECT from a display standpoint, better than Intellisync as it has options to hide clock and unlock slider and install a clock/weather plug-in that is smaller than the standard clock. But there is one problem, THERE ISN'T A REPEATING ALERT (reminder) function/option in Lockinfo like there is in Intellisync.

Enter NOTIFIER by Spektro. Does what Intellisync does and better as you can control the reminders individually for each type of reminder. It does lack the ability to select a different tone for the reminder like Intellisync does but I can live with that.

But here's the problem. Notifier doesn't just play a sound and vibrate for the reminder, it displays one of those blue alert boxes on the lockscreen. The problem is, you can't clear that blue box easily and then access the underlying messages via the Lockinfo lockscreen display without first unlocking the phone, then relocking it. Ridiculous. If Notifier had the option to not display the pop-up (tone/vibrate only mode) that will fix it.

If anyone has any idea how to achieve what I'm aiming for, please chime in. Thanks much in advance.

Well it looks like the Lockinfo+Notifier combo WILL do what I want. Lockinfo has options to suppress the blue pop-ups on the lockscreen and/or allow to clear them with home button. The problem is Notifier isn't IOS 4 compatible as the audio alerts don't work.
    Can't find the option inside LockInfo to clear popups on the lock screen by pushing the Home Button...Please explain more..