Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What's Better, BiteSMS or iRealSMS?

Default What's Better, BiteSMS or iRealSMS?
    Ya so I need a good SMS app, one that doesn't boot me out of my app or what I am doing to text, and like lets me text like Quickreply I think it's called. Now I have BiteSMS right now, but I don't like how when I send a text it sends it then boots me out. I wanted to ask does iRealSMS has any problems like this? Does it offer the same service like BiteSMS? Which is better in your opinion? I really need one that doesn't boot on me after sending one text.

I use iRealSMS. It offers quick reply from any screen (Including lock) and will remain in the messaging app, if you open iRealSMS and send a message. It also permits you to use the SMS app that comes with the iphone as well. I even have a custom background through winterboard for the iphone SMS app, and it shows me that background in the iRealSMS app.

I haven't used bite, but at the risk of trying to sound 'punny' It sounds like it really bites.

Thanks

+1 iRealSMS it's what I've used since I got an iPhone, it's what a SMS app should be. Bite really isn't that great.... I personally prefer the stock app over bite.

I use biteSMS and it does everything piston says iRealSMS does, so it most likely boils down to price - not sure if there is a difference - or which name sounds better to you

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Ya so I need a good SMS app, one that doesn't boot me out of my app or what I am doing to text, and like lets me text like Quickreply I think it's called. Now I have BiteSMS right now, but I don't like how when I send a text it sends it then boots me out. I wanted to ask does iRealSMS has any problems like this? Does it offer the same service like BiteSMS? Which is better in your opinion? I really need one that doesn't boot on me after sending one text.
    I definitely don't have this problem with biteSMS.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

I own both and like both but for right now ireal is my cup of tea. Both apps do pretty much the same thing but just a little different. Here is why I chose ireal over bite for the time being

I don't know about anyone else but the main reason I use these aftermarket SMS apps is for quick reply quick send. I don't like to have to go into the SMS app.

So again bite and ireal do the same stuff but what I like about ireal is #1 mms in quick send and quick reply #2 only have to press the volume up button to bring up quick compose (bite would be volume plus tap on HUD) and I also like quick list in ireal better than bites quick list.

IMHO because bite recently updated there graphics to work with retina bite offers a better GUI than ireal, but I beleive ireal has better functionality

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djconundrum View Post
    I use biteSMS and it does everything piston says iRealSMS does, so it most likely boils down to price - not sure if there is a difference - or which name sounds better to you
    Bitesms offers text-to-voice reading of your messages and supports voice commands (albeit limited commands)? I didn't think so.

I initially started with iRealSMS when I first joined the jb scene and have bought and tried out multiple other testing apps since then but I always revert back to iRealsms. The quality of work that SpiritofLogic puts into their apps (they also made and maintain pwntunes) is on an entirely different level than the rest of cydia (with a very short list of exceptions). They also have by far the best customer service which is crazy when you consider that it's just a two man team. Reznor9, who is also a member of MMI is essentially the online face of the community and is more than willing to help you out whenever possible. (David Ashman, dev of LockInfo, is right up there with them in terms of all-round quality and cust. support).

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

I own both, but prefer BiteSMS due to past stability issues with iRealSMS. Probably just one of those "once bitten, twice shy" things. They are both great products!
    kwickone I.T.H.