Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost....

Default Lost....
    Okay so Im confused. I can download new apps no problem. The issues is when I try to update apps I already have. I click the install button and it ask for my itunes password. No issue right?? Yeah for whatever reason there is a apple id in there that is not mine. But if I want to download a new app when it asks for a password it has my ID there? WTF? I really don't understand how this happened. I cant log into it as I don't know the password. Any ideas?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I've never had this happen on any of my iPhones but I noticed it happening on my parents and sister's iPhones this week when I was updating and jailbreaking all of them. I haven't the slightest idea what is causing it. I noticed that my mom's phone would ask for the password like usual, but then would display the error and have me retry the password but this time it was displaying my sisters email account. I eventually got it fixed on my mom's phone but then when I went and setup her gmail email as an exchange account (this account had not been on her iPhone at all in the past) it did the same problem as before, but this time it started displaying that email as the itunes account address when having me retry entering the password. It seems to be an issue with having multiple phones on the same iTunes account but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to resolve it.
    Last edited by mortopher; 2010-08-05 at 03:47 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

have you tried signing out of your itunes account and signing back in on the phone?

Settings/Store-> click SIGN OUT, then click SIGN IN

Yes I have tried signing out. It even show me signed into my account with my correct ID. Restoring phone now....
    Last edited by SeedlessOne; 2010-08-05 at 04:30 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Cracked apps?

They generally do that. If they are cracked apps then will get no help here as we don't allow talk about cracked apps.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

No, there are no cracked apps in my case. It's happening with free apps, Facebook is one I know it was acting up on.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Hmmmmm

Stumped there then.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

yeah mine is happening when I try to update apps that I paid for from the AppStore. Even free apps wont update. But however (fill free to remove) I didn't install 3 cracked navigation apps to try before I buy one. And the email address that is popping up in my itunes login traces back to some cracked apps website. That is all Ill say about that and sorry if that is to much. Like I said feel free to remove.