Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Still no T-mobile 3g service on iPhone???

Default Still no T-mobile 3g service on iPhone???
    I recently came back to my iPhone 3g after a year hiatus and I'm thinking about getting a 4 since it can be unlocked now. My question is... am I still not going to get 3g service on my iPhone4? I'm pretty sure I'm not getting it on my iPhone 3g but i was wondering if anything changed. All the forums I found during my research were from like '08 so i guess im looking for an update on the new phone and the possibility of using my 3g service. Thanx in advance for any info

Thanks

No, 3G on an iPhone still won't work on tmobile's 3G. Tmobile uses a different frequency for 3G than what the iPhone uses.

yea... thats exactly what I read on the posts from '08. Just wishful thinking i guess. Thanx

Thanks

Sorry. Still the same situation. Either t mo would have to change their entire network or apple would have to change the phone. I don't see either one happening any time soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

They did add a new frequency to the iPhone 4 but it still was not the one that USA T-Mobile uses.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

T-Mobile 3G is still very limited right now. I heard theres a rumor that Apple did build a 1700mhz frequency into iPhone 4, they just havent activate it yet. Because theres also rumor that Tmobile will get iPhone 4 this Fall. So wait and see!
    iPhone 4 32GB. Jailbroken!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

I would think that if something like that was true the devs would have found that.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

Kruejl (2010-08-05)

Thanks

T-Mo's 3G footprint is so small that it doesn't really matter (unless you live on a major freeway).
    Apples taste good.

I live in Baltimore which from what I understand is a pretty good 3g area. I feel like the lack of 3g on the iPhone4 is going to be the deciding factor of if I buy it or not.... am I wrong for that??