Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Only Apple would do this!

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Only Apple would do this!
    I received a notice of my Iphone 4 Bumper shipment!

Strange as it may seem and I did not know this is that it is being pickup at Millington, TN about 150 from where I live! The factory must be in that area which Millington is about 30 miles north of Memphis, TN!

He is the updated info

Shipment History:
    Event Date Event Time Event Detail Event City
    08/04/2010 06:41:00 INTRANSIT FOREST PARK, GA
    08/03/2010 14:20:00 INTRANSIT FOREST PARK, GA
    07/31/2010 14:09:00 SHIPMENT PICKED UP MILLINGTON, TN
    07/30/2010 00:00:00 MANIFESTED Millington, TN

*Event times are displayed in the local time of the event city.

The odd thing is that the package has now been sent 500 miles in the other direction of me to Forest Park, GA which is on the outskirts of Atlanta, GA! It by some way now has to come back to me which I am now 650 miles from my Apple Bumper, which is by highway!

I am curious as to where it will go when it leaves Forest Park, GA on its way to me! Time will tell as it still has 5 days before delivery!

Shipment Summary:
    Current Status: INTRANSIT
    Tendered on: 7/30/2010 12:00:00 AM
    Estimated Delivery Date: 08/09/2010

As some people might know Memphis, TN is the HDQ for FedeX which if I get a package by FedeX and it arrives in Memphis today it will be delivered to my door step by tomorrow!

Only Steve Jobs could conjour up something like this!

Thanks

It also depends on 2 things...one is sorting locations and 2 is it a.express , b.ground , c. Commercial ground...my cousin works for fedex and he said the same thing....sometimes the are 3 trucks that deliver on the same route but different times due to service, size

Thanks

I think it has more to do with fedex than Apple.

Thanks

My bad as the shipper is DSL not FedeX!

I was just saying it would not have happen if it was sent by FedeX but then again it would probality cost Apple more!

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    It also depends on 2 things...one is sorting locations and 2 is it a.express , b.ground , c. Commercial ground...my cousin works for fedex and he said the same thing....sometimes the are 3 trucks that deliver on the same route but different times due to service, size
    Actually when it leaves Memphis Terminal it goes by me for about 60 and then comes out back to me!

On another note about FedeX is about 80% of the trucks you see are privately own and have a contract with FedeX to deliver!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-08-05 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Nah the fedex trucks are definitely not private owned , they only thing u can have private on fedex is a shipping center, but fedex is one company no private trucks can deliver their mail

Thanks

Nah the fedex trucks are definitely not private owned , they only thing u can have private on fedex is a shipping center, but fedex is one company no private trucks can deliver their mail
    Well might be but the local Fedex delivery man and the one that comes out of the FedeX terminal have both told me the same thing! One delivers ground home and the other deleivers ground business!

The reason I say this I am retired from the largest railroad in the US and one of the contract people asked me about how to get a job with the company I worked for and I asked him why as I figured FedeX paid real good and that's when he told me that they paid him so much for how many packages he delivered! Said he owned the truck and had to pay for the gas hisself!

Don't know for sure though as I just took him for his word!

And I am talking about packages not any overnight stuff!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-08-05 at 01:25 AM.

Has nothing to do with Apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheWang View Post
    Has nothing to do with Apple.
    Well, yes and no!

I am sure Apple went with the cheap shipping rate which they probality saved a buck, but strange my Iphone 4 came FedeX and when it hit stateside it was in Memphis in less that 12 hours!

Hey! Our bumpers might be on the same truck!

08/04/2010 06:44:00 INTRANSIT FOREST PARK, GA
    08/03/2010 14:13:00 INTRANSIT FOREST PARK, GA
    08/02/2010 18:50:00 SHIPMENT PICKED UP MILLINGTON, TN
    08/02/2010 00:00:00 MANIFESTED Millington, TN

And mine is headed to TX...

And, yes, I'm sure Apple made a heck of a deal with DHL. One of their services is "Logistics Services". It's used for warehousing and distribution.

It wasn't long ago that DHL (actually a European company) pulled out of the U.S. market. Supposedly, they were going to still do global shipping from the U.S., but no more intra CONUS deliveries. I have no idea what there state of the company is today, but they aren't a shipping choice for any of the vendors I make purchases from anymore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spydertech View Post
    Hey! Our bumpers might be on the same truck!

08/04/2010 06:44:00 INTRANSIT FOREST PARK, GA
    08/03/2010 14:13:00 INTRANSIT FOREST PARK, GA
    08/02/2010 18:50:00 SHIPMENT PICKED UP MILLINGTON, TN
    08/02/2010 00:00:00 MANIFESTED Millington, TN

And mine is headed to TX...

And, yes, I'm sure Apple made a heck of a deal with DHL. One of their services is "Logistics Services". It's used for warehousing and distribution.

It wasn't long ago that DHL (actually a European company) pulled out of the U.S. market. Supposedly, they were going to still do global shipping from the U.S., but no more intra CONUS deliveries. I have no idea what there state of the company is today, but they aren't a shipping choice for any of the vendors I make purchases from anymore.
    Well this is true as a couple months ago I ordered something and it said it was comming by DSL and I though well this will be a treat!

Strangely enought it was delivered to the US Post office and I ask the agent what gives and he said he didn't know but some kind of deal was made with DHL and on this order here it also has a USPS tracking number and you can check it there also! USPS tracking has a lot to be desired as it usually shows shipped and delivered!

DSL has never been very popular where I live! First time I didn't even know who or what it was!

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

The ground trucks are privately owned people also own the specific delivery routes. The ground drivers are all hired as subcontractors and are not FedEx employees.

The ground drivers DO get a commission per package they pick up and that they deliver. If I recall correctly it is a higher amount for each package picked up than for each delivered.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-08-05)