Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: winterboard themes and own wallpaper

Default winterboard themes and own wallpaper
    can anyone tell me how to apply my own wallpaper behind my chosen theme?

i have tried various themes such as killsign etc and am unable to apply my own wallpaper.

i ahve moved the user wallpaper to the top in winterboard before the theme but it still fails....

also what happens if i "reset settings" with a JB? i have read that it could lead the the unhappy face or perhaps could brick. can anyone confirm that. i have read that by resetting it may fix the wallpaper issue but im unsure if i should do that.

lastly, my ipod controls/slider << ---------- >> randomly come up directly under the lockscreen clock time/date.anyone know why?

hey thanks!!! for any insight. i really appreciate it.

Are you on iOS 4? Have you tried using the native wallpaper in the settings?

yup sorry on 4.1 tried using native wallpaper and didnt fly. its blackchrome1 and it wont allow me to use my own lockscreen paper or home screen.

Well if I was in this situation I would SSH into the device and change the wallpaper to the theme to my custom wallpaper. Do you know how to do that?

i do not. im really new to understanding this process. thanks for the reply.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Or if you're using Winterboard just drag the 'User Wallpaper' above everything else..

Quote Originally Posted by kgf88 View Post
    i do not. im really new to understanding this process. thanks for the reply.
    Ok, well I have a tutorial on SSH in the second half on a post on my website here
    Then you will need to navigate to /private/var/stash/Themes.4CBbk3 (these numbers may be different) in the ssh porgram, find the theme you want and replace the wallpaper.png with your wallpaper, named the same way.

I'm not sure if you said where the wallpaper is, if its in another theme you could just drag it. If it is a picture resize it to 320x40 and save as wallpaper.png.

This kind of stuff is kind of advanced but being able to SSH can be very useful.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to korin125 For This Useful Post:

kgf88 (2010-08-06)

im kind of getting the hang of it. ive learned alot so far on the interwebs and herer about SSH and i can see how useful it will be to me in the future. i really am just blown away at the freedom i have with my device now. hey thanks for the help! appreciate it.