Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My problems, my solutions

Default My problems, my solutions
    Hi all,

right forum or not i thought i would just post my recent jailbreak crisis and my solutions for them:

Number 1 - I kept getting the accessory not made for iphone yada yada so i thought i had to restore...during restore it gave me a 3004 error 3 times (even in self made DFU mode). I started freaking out. I realized when i was hitting restore it said (restore and update) I thought maybe it was trying to install 4.0 so i manually downloaded 4.0.1 and rebooted my computer and restored via option key...

Everything went as planned.

Number 2 - I had ZERO UI sounds coming from my phone. I could call and people could hear me and i could hear them and speaker phone worked, however, no UI sounds (SMS, charging, unlock, lock) I could even listen to my ringtones but not my SMS sounds. I couldnt play my ipod and i couldnt listen to youtube videos....there simply was no volume bar.

I had just replaced sms-receied.caf sounds through diskaid so i thought i would just replace one and see if it worked. I replaced one of the sms sounds and voila...everything back to normal.

Every once in a while i get the accessory warning .... it is lame but i guess ill just get the popup blocker.

Hope this helps anyone who was in my shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by D to the M View Post
    Hi all,

Every once in a while i get the accessory warning .... it is lame but i guess ill just get the popup blocker.

Hope this helps anyone who was in my shoes.
    Accessory warning is often linked to the 30 pin connector on the iphone being dirty. Ever see those youtube videos where people wash there iphone under running water? Well don't do that, but try cleaning the contacts. Honestly not sure what I would try cleaning them with. If I wasn't such a chicken, probably rubbing alcohol and Kleenex or something. But I would be afraid to short two contacts out, and make an iOmelet. But in any event, clean the contacts, may work wonders.