Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Aug.4.10 - Issues with Saurik's newest updates

Exclamation Aug.4.10 - Issues with Saurik's newest updates
    Hi guys,

I just launched Cydia after hearing that Saurik updated some stuff and found 3 updates waiting for me. One was Cyntact and the other 2 were Substrates that form the foundation of the jailbreak.

I always update one at a time - I tapped on the one with the finder icon and hit upgrade - it went half way thru' and got stuck on the spinning wheel of death. I had to force reboot. I had issues with icons disappearing, sluggishness, and very long reboots. I went into manage to see if I could just reinstall it but I can't find it. I don't remember what its called - but if I saw it I would recognize it.

Has anyone else had this problem? Got any suggestions?

iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 Jailbroken w/ blackra1n

thanx in advance

tim

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Hi guys,

I just launched Cydia after hearing that Saurik updated some stuff and found 3 updates waiting for me. One was Cyntact and the other 2 were Substrates that form the foundation of the jailbreak.

I always update one at a time - I tapped on the one with the finder icon and hit upgrade - it went half way thru' and got stuck on the spinning wheel of death. I had to force reboot. I had issues with icons disappearing, sluggishness, and very long reboots. I went into manage to see if I could just reinstall it but I can't find it. I don't remember what its called - but if I saw it I would recognize it.

Has anyone else had this problem? Got any suggestions?

iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 Jailbroken w/ blackra1n

thanx in advance

tim
    Same here I just uninstalled Cyntact and all is working now!

I don't really need it anymore and I have ios 4 and its built into the os
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-08-04 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    Same here I just uninstalled Cyntact and all is working now!

I don't really need it anymore and I have ios 4 and its built into the os
    Saurik speaks of Cyntact and MobileSubstrate updates in Cydia. I think my phone messed up on "MobileSubstrate" update. I will get back to you.

thanx for the response

[UPDATE]

Uninstalled Cyntact and problem is solved. I do remember that the Cyntact update installed with no problems - It did however require a reboot via the tap to restart in Cydia. When I went back into Cydia the next update hung and I guess never installed fully... I can't find that update. The last one worked fine.

So hold off on Cyntact for now.

So iOS4 has Cyntact-like properties? Mind providing a screenshot (without compromising your identity and/or personal info) I would really like to see it. iOS4 does not particularly tickle my fancy if you know what I mean. Its still so under supported.

tim
    Last edited by klouud; 2010-08-04 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks

I've never seen anything like cyntact in ios4.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stlcaddie For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-08-05)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    I've never seen anything like cyntact in ios4.
    Your right I thought I had deleted it before but now that I have I cannot assign pictures to my contacts!

My Bad and please accept my apology!

[UPDATE]

Saurike released another MobileSubstrate upgrade - this is the thing that killed my 3GS - I installed it and it said something about not being able to reach cellular network and/or data network and then asked to restart iPhone. I tapped to restart and got the white spinner wheel of death.

I hope things can get fixed after this...

the recent mobilesubstrate update also gave me the wheel of death

cant hard boot cant sync with itunes, cant do anything

I updated mobilesubstrate on 3gs 3.1.3 and since then having problems when u exit cydia the icons disappear i have open a thread regarding that..lot of people have the same problem i hope saurik comes up with a fix....

Quote Originally Posted by razieal121 View Post
    I updated mobilesubstrate on 3gs 3.1.3 and since then having problems when u exit cydia the icons disappear i have open a thread regarding that..lot of people have the same problem i hope saurik comes up with a fix....
    Quote Originally Posted by stfudvs View Post
    the recent mobilesubstrate update also gave me the wheel of death

cant hard boot cant sync with itunes, cant do anything

Same - But I hard rebooted and was able to fix the problem by messing around with the phone.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to klouud For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-08-05)

Thanks

In a previous post I said I deleted Cyntact and it solved my problem, not actually true as stcaddie replied to what I had said and yes was right!

I reinstalled Cyntact and all is well!

I am think the hard reboot like Klouud states is what solves this!

Quote Originally Posted by razieal121 View Post
    pigs might fly, maybe we get a update in the next 200 years or so, it seems this idiot has coded this "update" and hasn't even tested the dam thing leaving people's iphones completely bricked, i would be real mad if a 500 iphone was bricked because of a silly update, REAL mad, i am lucky it's just my icons that are missing!

Quote Originally Posted by HUYI View Post
    pigs might fly, maybe we get a update in the next 200 years or so, it seems this idiot has coded this "update" and hasn't even tested the dam thing leaving people's iphones completely bricked, i would be real mad if a 500 iphone was bricked because of a silly update, REAL mad, i am lucky it's just my icons that are missing!
    I had icons missing and the docked icons were pushed waaaaaay down. I did a hard reboot, uninstalled Cyntact, followed the Cydia prompt the "tap to restart springboard", and then messed around with the phone. Everything went ok - I then immediately backed up my stuff with Chronus and then moved everything of value to my Hackintosh via "Phone Disk" (I friggin' love that program)

My iPhone is ok now... I have since reinstalled Cyntact and reinstalled the MobileSubstrate update.

tim

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    I had icons missing and the docked icons were pushed waaaaaay down. I did a hard reboot, uninstalled Cyntact, followed the Cydia prompt the "tap to restart springboard", and then messed around with the phone. Everything went ok - I then immediately backed up my stuff with Chronus and then moved everything of value to my Hackintosh via "Phone Disk" (I friggin' love that program)

My iPhone is ok now... I have since reinstalled Cyntact and reinstalled the MobileSubstrate update.

tim
    Cyntact dosn't exsist on ipod touches so that info is useless to me, thanks for trying to help me anyway.