Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recieving Text Messages Late

Default Recieving Text Messages Late
    Hey guys,

I'm not sure if it's been happening for a while or just since I jailbroke about 2 days ago, but I had an important text that was sent at about 7 while I was asleep only get to me at about 10 after my phone had been on for over an hour and by then, it was too late. Is there any fix for that so I would get the notification on startup and not an hour later? Thanks.

-Andrew

It's not the phone, it's the network. You should get instant notification of everything. This is the only reason I left nextel a few years back. I would get texts literally a week later most of the time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ramicio For This Useful Post:

ajl917 (2010-08-05)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Same here. I'm on o2, and only just get one bar on my iPhone, sometimes I recieve a batch of text messages later on.

At first I thought it was my iPhone 3g, however when upgrading to the iPhone 4, got the same problem, I rang o2 and said it was most likely because of weak signal strength.

Sometimes it helps to just toggle airplane mode on and off, send a text message or place a call.

Hope it helps anyway.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to techydan For This Useful Post:

ajl917 (2010-08-05)

Thanks guys, it must have been a signal problem because when I woke up today, I got a bundle of Facebook and fantasy baseball updates along with a few texts from the night...

I am not having any problems like that probably just spotty service i am guessing

you're probably in a bad service area, i get all my messages from Meebo at real time when people IM me, also all my emails and texts come in real time...