Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Simple Background Bricked App my Phone and I can't unistall it

Default Simple Background App Bricked my Phone and I can't unistall it
    Hey the I recently installed the simple background app and now whenever I open up an application the window immediately turns really small and I can't click anything so I can't unistall simple background. How can I fix this? Thanks...

Also this is an iPhone 4
    Last edited by brndnjng; 2010-08-03 at 08:07 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

U should restore n rebreak it!

Is there a way to just unistall the simple background from your desktop?

Thanks

I'd have to get back to u on that I'm new to this but I learned alot pretty quick,I have a 3G with 4.0 n bcus of the comp. Reasons I dropped down 2 3.1.2 without all that crazy erasing iTunes changing codes,I'm a caveman just winging it n doing pretty well,I'll get info 4 u

I think I would just need to uninstall the simple background application. Does anyone know how to uninstall a jailbroken app via the desktop?

Thanks

Did u use the activator to set up backgrounder?

activator? I think that's a different app--I installed simple background app.

download cydelete in cydia ( just search in cydia ), that way you can remove apps without entering to cydia, when you delete just hold the app and press x

that doesn't work because simple background doesn't have an app link. It just shows up in the settings menu...

Thanks

It's how u control the functions of backgrounder, go in ur main setting and look for the home button it's called activator it gives u choices on how u want to activate BRNDR. I go to anywhere and select home button short hold try that first

Ya but it's not the backgrounder app it's the simple background app.

doesnt have an app link? thats from cydia right? im sure you can remove it after you install cydelete

edit: try hard reset your phone, and install cydelete and then remove the app
    Last edited by llj143; 2010-08-03 at 08:41 AM.

I installed cydelete but there isn't an icon for the app.

*I mean there isn't an icon for the simple background app.
    Last edited by brndnjng; 2010-08-03 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

did u try uninstalling it on cydia?

I can't uninstall via cydia because the of screen problem. I can't tap anything in the lower part of a window.

how small is this screen? can u provide a screenshot?

you can try restoring your iphone and rejailbreak it again..

It makes the screen about an inch long with it in the corner. Well I don't to restore it simply because I'm pretty sure if I just uninstall the simple background app it would work again.

wait, what you meant is you cant tap one of the menus in cydia? but you install cydelete right?

try this, open cydia and go to search and type simple background, tap modify and uninstall it, after that reboot your phone

I can't hit the search button either...I can only access the main page of cydia essentially.

okay but how did u manage to install cydelet?

can u access other menus? if so try in sections > tweaks and look for simple background

if u can access the repository go to modmyi repo and look for simple background

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast