Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Simple Background Bricked App my Phone and I can't unistall it

How do you get to repository? And what do you mean by section>tweaks? Is that in cydia?

yep its in cydia, when u open you can see it below,

repos are in manage > sources

I am experiencing the same problem. Just downloaded Simple Background on RockApp. I tried setting a background, and it said there was an error in saving, so I restarted to try again, and now when I open any program, it appears in the top-left of the screen (looks to be about half the screen size as the iPhone 4).

This is presumably due to the screen resolution difference in the iPhone 4? Touch recognition doesn't work very well in these smaller views, and I too can only touch the top half of the screen. Just for the record, I'm not mad about it, just kind of disappointed because I really wanted to use this program.

Here's a screen shot of the small view:

Try IFUNBOX it runs on ur Pc. Make sure u have open SSH installed on the iPhone. Hope that helps ur problem

Quote Originally Posted by primalscream.40 View Post
    Try IFUNBOX it runs on ur Pc. Make sure u have open SSH installed on the iPhone. Hope that helps ur problem
    I just set up IFUNBOX (it does recognize my phone) as you instructed but I'm not exactly sure what I should be doing with this software.

How do you delete in iFunbox? When I try to right click a file it's grayed out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

I appologize i thought u meant backgronder sorry about that,i hope that works out 4 u

For whoever is interested: I spoke with the creator of Simple Background and he was not aware of the issue. He said he'll be working on a fix very soon.

Ok quick run down
    In ifunbox click ur phone name
    Then click raw
    Then go to library/themes if it's not there sorry I can't help you. But if it's there right click then delete. I know that's where the themes are for winterboard :-(

I had this issue as well. Had to do a restore. Hope this app gets updated.

I have the same problem and dont want to restore my phone anyone have any ideas?

Update How to unistall if your apps open in a small window without restoring

Go to settings and got to activater select safemode then a shoirt cut like short hold close

then hold the home button till it puts your phone in safe mode then go to cydia and unistall simple background and respring your phone will be back to normal again

yes I know how do i use settings if my window is so small touch around and you will see you can still select things just not in the right spot takes a little pratice lol
    Last edited by holdemdogg; 2010-08-28 at 11:42 AM.

Yup, I've had this problem as well, just gotta go in and out of safe mode, but it still comes back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12