Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What have you done about your antenna issues?

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaMan05's Avatar
    Thanks

Default What have you done about your antenna issues?
    I got my iPhone 4 yesterday (launch day here in canada) and it looses all data when I touch the spot. You can read my original angry posts here: Do you have the antenna issue?

What I want to know is, what do I do about it?! I really like the phone and want to keep it, but I need a phone that works in my left hand! My free case comes in October and the people at the Apple Store said they won't replace my phone, and even if they did, I would probably still have the issue.

So what have you done while waiting for your case? Bought another one? Have you successfully gotten Apple to replace your phone? What did you say?

Thanks!
    DaMan05

iPhone? More like MyPhone dazzer1983's Avatar
    Thanks

Luckily not had it.

In the process of developing an internal/extrnl attachment that will extend the antena around the iPhone in a specialized case
    iPhone Repair

Thanks

Well what else have people that were affected done? Just sucked it up and bought another case?

Personally i havent had the problem, but im in a good coverage area. my friend on the other hand has the issue and he uses the griffen reveal case and it fixes all problems

Got my first one replaced due to antenna problems and proximity sensor problems... Second phone works fine with or without the free bumper on it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by disenchanted View Post
    Got my first one replaced due to antenna problems and proximity sensor problems... Second phone works fine with or without the free bumper on it.
    Cool thanks!

Did you get it done in store or over the phone? Did it take a lot of arguing? And was this before or after the case program was introduced?

Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post
    Cool thanks!

Did you get it done in store or over the phone? Did it take a lot of arguing? And was this before or after the case program was introduced?
    I phoned apple, they gave me a genius bar slot, took it in, told the guy the problems I was having. He hooked the phone up to a mac and run some diagnostics. It came out all clear but he said he'd still swap it, didn't even have to argue. I've always found them pretty helpful in the store.

Thanks

Was it before or after the case program? Because they wouldn't swap it for me. Maybe because they have no stock lol

Was Wednesday this week they swapped it for me. I'd had the phone since launch in the UK and had faults since day one, I knew there was no chance I'd get a replacement due to stock levels so I lived with it for a month then changed it. Might pay you to just hang onto it for a month and then try changing it.

Thanks

Hmmm yes, thanks for the info! Much appreciated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple should be taking Phone back since it was Steve who said that if someone has Buyers Remorse they can get a full refund unless the Phone itself was dragged thru the mud.

Thanks

I don't think you read my post correctly, I want to keep the phone, but I want a working phone. I don't think that is too much to ask. The "if you don't like it, return it" policy is the stupidest thing ever. The phone has a problem, that doesn't mean you should return it, it should be fixed.

Anyways, I will try to get a replacement and hopefully I will.