Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPhone 3G freezes after I press the 'end call' button! PLEASE HELP!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Default My iPhone 3G freezes after I press the 'end call' button! PLEASE HELP!!!
    I don't know why, I call someone or they call me, and I press the end call button and it's not responsive so the phone call just keeps going and the unresponsive screen does nothing. I have to do a hard reset to make it work again!!

Help!!!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You might have to restore your phone. Did you install anything from Cydia lately? I had a problem where my phone wouldnt make calls from clicking a number in my Maps app and Id have to manually memorize the number and punch it in. A Cydia app caused it and when I deleted it, it worked again. So check any recent additions you made in Cydia to see if thats a possible cause before resolving in restore.

Thanks
    Nope not installing anything in the past few days. It was working fine like 2 days ago and I tried typing in numbers and selecting from my contacts, still not working

Now my phones not even showing up in iTunes. WTH!?

EDIT: Hmm this is weird. It seems to be okay now after 5 hard resets. (I hope)
    But now it's not showing up in iTunes. It shows up in My Computer as a digital camera but not iTunes :S
    Last edited by WhySoSeriouss; 2010-08-01 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Oh my... You should really consider restoring. 5 hard resets sounds like it's problematic. Definitely restore...

Thanks
    It seems to be okay now, but it just won't show up in iTunes so I can't restore! :/

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Put phone in DFU and see if iTunes recognizes it.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

Thanks
    No it's still not showing up. "/ It's charging and showing my pictures though..

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Then try Recovery Mode.

Hold power and home button (while phone is on) until screen goes black. Release the power button and continue to hold home. You will then see the USB+iTunes screen if done correctly. That's recovery mode. iTunes should pick it up.

Thanks
    It's found it in recovery mode. Does this mean that I HAVE to restore? I restart my phone and it doesn't show up in iTunes. I don't want to restore my iphone as nothing else is wrong with it now apart from iTunes not finding it.

I just want it to be detected by iTunes.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Um...ok then I don't know what to tell you. If your freezing problems occur frequently you really should restore.

If you don't want to restore, download tinyumbrella to kick your phone out of recovery mode.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

WhySoSeriouss (2010-08-01)

Thanks
    Thanks

It might have been from when I installed 'Wi-Fi Sync' that might have messed it up. Hmm..

Edit: I uninstalled wi-fi sync from my PC and from my iPhone and it worked!! xD

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by WhySoSeriouss; 2010-08-01 at 10:22 PM.

I assume you have jailbreak your device. Did you install "AppSync for OS 3.1" from Cydia? Hope this help.

I do need advise on phone freezing after a call ended. My phone seems to go into deep sleep after I finish a phone call. I don't even get to press the end call button. It usually take about 30secs to recover. I recently install "PDF Patch (CVE-2010-1797)". I using iPhone 3GS 3.1.3. jailbreak with spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytks View Post
    I assume you have jailbreak your device. Did you install "AppSync for OS 3.1" from Cydia? Hope this help.

I do need advise on phone freezing after a call ended. My phone seems to go into deep sleep after I finish a phone call. I don't even get to press the end call button. It usually take about 30secs to recover. I recently install "PDF Patch (CVE-2010-1797)". I using iPhone 3GS 3.1.3. jailbreak with spirit.
    This is the exact problem I'm facing. Although I'm using iPhone 3GS 4.0 jailbreak with jailbreakme.

The freeze only happens periodically. Usually when someone hangs up first. If I can hang up first, I usually don't have the problem.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im having this on my 3gs 4.2.1 i just got and JB. freeze at end call and spring board crashes during a call with pause during the call..